News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Mobvoi claims to be shipping the TicWatch E3 and TicWatch Pro 3 with a more capable Snapdragon Wear chipset

Started by Redaktion, September 21, 2021, 14:26:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Mobvoi may have silently upgraded the TicWatch E3 and TicWatch Pro 3 to a different Snapdragon Wear chipset. There is no official confirmation from Mobvoi, but all its marketing materials reflect the change.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobvoi-claims-to-be-shipping-the-TicWatch-E3-and-TicWatch-Pro-3-with-a-more-capable-Snapdragon-Wear-chipset.563036.0.html

Josh

I'm interested to know if the model number is different on a newly purchased E3 (with the supposed 4100+ chipset); the model number on the E3 I purchased from Amazon in early August 2021 is: WH12068.  At the time I purchased, the advertising stated it was the 4100 chipset, not 4100+. I don't know if there'd be another way to verify the upgraded chipset other than by device serial number...and even then how would you do that short of manufacturer confirmation?

TomKdE

Jac

Sounds like this might be the Ticwatch Pro Ultra GPS that the other article on this site was thinking Ticwatch has coming.

Alex Alderson

Quote from: Josh on September 22, 2021, 17:45:50
I'm interested to know if the model number is different on a newly purchased E3 (with the supposed 4100+ chipset); the model number on the E3 I purchased from Amazon in early August 2021 is: WH12068.  At the time I purchased, the advertising stated it was the 4100 chipset, not 4100+. I don't know if there'd be another way to verify the upgraded chipset other than by device serial number...and even then how would you do that short of manufacturer confirmation?

Hey, the model number on the new E3 is still WH12068. Seems we received a unit manufactured in June 2021. Mobvoi is still sending out Wear 4100 models but advertising them as Wear 4100+.

DHS

I reached out to mobvoi support and here is there response, probably have to take this with a grain of support salt esp. the 'since launch' pert but here it goes:

" Thanks for contacting Mobvoi support! TicWatch E3 has integrated with Qualcomm® Snapdragon Wear™ 4100+ Dual System Platform since its launch and we didn't make any change to the watch chipset."

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview