News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad P14s G2 AMD laptop review: With a matte 4K LCD and Ryzen 5000

Started by Redaktion, September 19, 2021, 20:03:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Until now, the 4K UHD displays had a glossy surface in the 14-inch ThinkPads, and the AMD Ryzen models of the ThinkPad T14 and its siblings were not offered with 4K displays at all. This changes now with the Lenovo ThinkPad P14s Gen 2 AMD with a Ryzen 5000 and a UHD monitor that has a matte surface to boot.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-P14s-G2-AMD-laptop-review-With-a-matte-4K-LCD-and-Ryzen-5000.562498.0.html

LeoB

I replaced a brand new X1 Yoga G6 (i7-1165G7) with this. I use it as a development machine under Linux (don't need dedicated graphics). X1 Yoga was a replacement for Yoga Slim with 4700U, whose screen was completely unusable outdoors, and I was hoping that 1165G7 will have comparable performance for my workload to 4700U in Yoga Slim, which was great.

However, I was bothered by frequent stuttering (even after multiple BIOS updates that were released), much more noticeable noise, instability of graphics drivers in Arch etc...The device build was amazing, though (except keyboard). So I decided to replace it with P14s G2 as soon as I could get it (in Germany), and for now, I'm very happy. Fast, smooth, stable, quiet and cool. It's sad to see the horrible bezels and 16:9 compared to newer models, and materials on X1 are amazing comparatively, but that's all more-less just pizzazz - this is a proper work horse and does it's job above everything else.

duzenko

Seems like a decent machine
We could use an H-series CPU though, as well as 16:10+ screen

iblizt

Alex_B

Great laptop but WTF put a Realtek WiFi adapter in a Professional grade laptop! *facepalm*
Come on Lenovo, get with it!

duzenko

Quote from: iblizt on September 21, 2021, 06:06:42
Quote from: duzenko on September 20, 2021, 22:48:43
Seems like a decent machine
We could use an H-series CPU though, as well as 16:10+ screen
And 2 RAM slots
Goes without saying, but I just wonder if I'm ever in my life going to see an H-series Ryzen without discreet graphics

dfgdfgd

WARNING: Laptop have ONLY ONE ram slot, description have mistake. Model build from T14 chassis.

Romans

I love this one and want to buy. there are offers now from Lenovo. don't need 4k screen so can get it for 1400 euro...

also was thinking about E14 gen3 series but now they are more expensive...

but one thing I'm afraid of is that throttling underload... in real life very rarely you get 1h full load... but anyway... is that throttling because of overheating right?

like if I will play some game for 1h it will overheat and throttling... ( I'm not buying for games.... mostly for work...

so I still confused about throttling and still want H series as many guys over here... but there is only gaming big laptops with H series or xiaomi 15-16 inches what is a big big...

sooo very hard choice;

joeyjoejoeshabadoo

This review made me feel better about my purchase of the P14s gen 2 with i7-1185G7 & 40GB RAM (800GBP new on ebay). The performance of the Intel 11th gen is slightly better (5-8%) for my tasks than the AMD 5000 series, but I agree that it's much louder and I'm still looking for a solution (maybe quieter fan?)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview