News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple and Google employees reportedly faced political coercion and prosecution threats in Russia over opposition voting app

Started by Redaktion, September 19, 2021, 11:14:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

With Russia's parliamentary elections ongoing, Apple and Google removed a voting app published by opposition leader Alexei Navalny, reported under pressure from the Kremlin, setting a worrying precedent for other international tech brands operating in the country.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-and-Google-employees-reportedly-faced-political-coercion-and-prosecution-threats-in-Russia-over-opposition-voting-app.562592.0.html

ge-org

just because russia does not want to comply with us global domination plans does not make it an "autharitarian" state.
read John Perkins or something. there is plenty of material to make anyone who can think for themselves see true state of affairs. nothing is like what news media tell us

margot

Navalny's voting preferences are 1-2%. He is nobody and nobody cares about him except Washington Post. Why is this political BS on NBC?

Arjun Krishna Lal

Quote from: margot on September 19, 2021, 17:26:15
Navalny's voting preferences are 1-2%. He is nobody and nobody cares about him except Washington Post. Why is this political BS on NBC?

Author here. Uh, just so you guys know, I live in Armenia, literally a two hours' drive from the Russian border. I'm fluent in Russian and I keep abreast of current events in the region and, y'know, actually talk to Russians. Elections aren't remotely free or fair: people can lose their jobs (even in the private sector) or housing allotments if they vote against the ruling party. There's a general apathy about political participation and that's leveraged by special benefits (which can include cash) that are offered for voting the "right" way. Plenty of people, a lot more than official stats (which, again are collected by the government), support Navalny, and even the Communists, basically anyone else. The point of this article wasn't to highlight that, though, but to highlight how this app was taken down due to government pressure, despite the fact that all it does is highlight non United Russia candidates in a given constituency. Yes, I've done my homework and  I literally live in this corner of the world.

Vit

Arjun, I share the same vision as you - the ruling party in Russia is dirty, greedy hypocrites trying to keep the power by any means, spitting on the Law.

Miro

I definitely support these sorts of articles.

Next one could be about slave-labour in china used for electronics production.

Pafnutiy

>people can lose their jobs (even in the private sector) or housing allotments if they vote against the ruling party.

It's a bullshit. I live in Saint-Petersburg, Russia, having Russian citizenship from the very first day of its existence. Yesterday I participated in voting, and I can assure you and everyone else - your voting is really anonymous until you care not to show anybody which box you marked on your voting sheet. And there is no way for your boss to know your voting decision. Moreover - I work for private company which is tightly integrated in state system. There is a bunch of colleagues who openly and aggressively promotes Navalny, one of them being my friend - and nobody of them was fired or being told to stop.

BTW, Russian New People's party, founded in 2020, seems to have been elected into Duma (Russian parliament), overcoming 5% barrier, while Navalny political buddies (Yabloko, and so on) have not, as usual for at least a decade. New People party's key of success was to actively work with voters in provinces - and this is what our Russian liberals too arrogant to do. Next step of liberals is quite straightforward - bitching about Russian people being somewhat mentally wrong, propaganda affected and disliking true "freedom", and complaining about Russian voting system. That bitching is what we, Russians, could observe after every voting in the past 10+ years. Who wonders that we, mentally wrong and propaganda affected, don't want to vote for them?

P.S. Navalny electoral perspective was seriously weakened after that bullshitish case of his alleged poisoning by Novichok. I'm sorry if I harm somebody feelings, but Soviet chemical weapons were not designed to keep anybody survived. If Navalny was really poisoned, he would be in much more farthest place than prison. And now almost nobody in Russia doubts about which interests Navalny really promotes, after being so brutally backed up by Western establishment.

Blskaya

Pafnutiy

Quote from: Blskaya on September 20, 2021, 11:15:55
It's not good to lie, it's not for nothing they say that Kremlin bots are everywhere)

Apparently, you don't have any real arguments against what I'm saying.

And I could name you "Navalnoid bot" as well. Do you think it would be a good move from me in a way to civilized discussion?

Blskaya

Quote from: Pafnutiy on September 20, 2021, 12:10:25
Quote from: Blskaya on September 20, 2021, 11:15:55
It's not good to lie, it's not for nothing they say that Kremlin bots are everywhere)

Apparently, you don't have any real arguments against what I'm saying.

And I could name you "Navalnoid bot" as well. Do you think it would be a good move from me in a way to civilized discussion?

And there was no video of ballot stuffing, by the way, and I'm lying in general), and in general stuffing is a fantasy of liberals. And under the comments of the Rain TV channel in vk not lahto-trolls and Kremlin bots, but normal people who register one day and then are suddenly blocked

Pafnutiy

Quote from: Blskaya on September 20, 2021, 14:53:43

And there was no video of ballot stuffing, by the way, and I'm lying in general), and in general stuffing is a fantasy of liberals. And under the comments of the Rain TV channel in vk not lahto-trolls and Kremlin bots, but normal people who register one day and then are suddenly blocked

Particular cases of ballot stuffing will be investigated with cancelling of elections in districts where investigation will show serious violations of law. Russia is very big and populated country, and few isolated cases couldn't make elections entirely unfair.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview