News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple warns that engine vibrations can damage iPhone cameras

Started by Redaktion, September 11, 2021, 17:59:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

According to Apple, extended exposure to vibrations at certain frequencies may harm the delicate optical image stabilization mechanism that is built into its iPhone cameras. Riders who mount their iPhone on their high-powered motorcycle should be particularly wary of this issue.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-warns-that-engine-vibrations-can-damage-iPhone-cameras.560789.0.html

An0n

Oh good, now they are suggesting that "buy our phone and don't use it so it might be last longer".

geek-a-contra

ok, not very good news but at least apple acknowledges this problem. i wonder, what about the behavior of other high-end phones with ois camera systems?

Francois Chamberland

Kind of ridiculous and one more reason NOT to spend any money on Apple creations.......

Kristopher

This is not unique to Apple. I had to replace two different Android phones due to the handlebar vibration on my motorcycle. The vibrations messes up the cameras with OIS. When I'd open the camera, the image would vibrate extremely fast, making the camera unusable. I ended up finding a mount that had a tray with vibration dampeners under the phone cradle and let me tell you, it was not cheap.

Saul Goodman

Get yourself a brand-new luxury car. Since as confirmed by Apple itself, you should not carry your iPhone with any bike or any second hand vehicle since they have, you know "vibrations".

Dominik-L.

Quote from: geek-a-contra on September 11, 2021, 22:39:03
ok, not very good news but at least apple acknowledges this problem.

One year later. A big bravo for Apple.

(By the way: It's the Apple which already multiple times was sentenced to financial penalties due to planned obsolescence.)

smartS

So many clueless people here in the comments. Mounting phones on bikes have been harming phone's cameras since forever, and that applies to phones from all manufacturers. At least Apple is the first company to tell their consumers about this, and it shows that most people - like the "smart" ones who commented here - still have the slightless clue about it. What you think laws of physics dont apply to your non apple phones? Pathethic. Try to act smarter next time.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview