News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Xiaomi announces 3 Android OS updates and 4 years of security patches for the 11T and 11T Pro

Started by Redaktion, September 09, 2021, 12:23:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Xiaomi 11T and Xiaomi 11T Pro launch nears, with Xiaomi set on unveiling the pair a day after Apple reveals the iPhone 13 series. Xiaomi has now confirmed that the 11T series will be its first devices to receive 3 Android OS updates and 4 years of security patches, matching the software support offered by other Android OEMs. Sadly, other Xiaomi devices are 'not included at this time'.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Xiaomi-announces-3-Android-OS-updates-and-4-years-of-security-patches-for-the-11T-and-11T-Pro.559657.0.html

Torus

Quality of those updates matters.

OS updates : Xiaomi just provides the updates full of bugs and that's it.

Security Updates : expect it to be after half of month or at the last. They have even skipped some months. And keep praying for not introducing any bugs.

Anonym

Sounds great! However, I pretty much prefer OnePlus approach of community engagement and investement in supporting the *official* LineageOS ROM. Whenever the official LOS sources are made available every other 3rd-party ROM gets a big improvement (i.e., it's a CAF based released with vetted quality standards to become official -- everyone wins from this; except Xiaomi and their MIUI spyware, that is)

Anonym

I made an obvious typo in the last comment, LOS is AOSP based (not CAF). Very sorry for any confusion :(

Seb83

It's a good direction, but sorry I will pass.
Xiaomi phones are full of spyware. How security updates look like? Well... one security update per 9 months that leave you with bugs :/

Xiaomi's approach to security is very very bad. I'm not a super fan of Samsung, but I must say their phones are being patched regularly.

But who concerned in any way with security buys Xiaomi phone in the first place!? :D

Security is not about anitivirus scanning-cleaning-spying tool, its most importantly about security patches which Xiaomi doesn't bring in time -  just whenever they feel the mood to...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview