News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 Pro 16 launched with 80 W AMD Ryzen 7 5800H and Nvidia GeForce RTX 3050 options

Started by Redaktion, September 08, 2021, 08:48:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lenovo has upgraded its Yoga Slim 7 Pro offerings to AMD Ryzen 5000 Zen 3 Cezanne APUs and optional Nvidia GeForce RTX 3050 graphics. Lenovo said that the Ryzen 7 5800H in the Yoga Slim 7 Pro can be configured to operate at an 80 W TDP. The device also offers 2.5K 16:10 IPS display options with up to a 120 Hz refresh rate.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-Yoga-Slim-7-Pro-16-launched-with-80-W-AMD-Ryzen-7-5800H-and-Nvidia-GeForce-RTX-3050-options.559460.0.html

gasoci1846

Thanks for the news.
Wow this 16ACH6 is very interesting. Like that 16/10 500nits 120hz screen with discrete GPU and amazing CPU. Like usual always some cost cutting with the HDMI 1.4b and most like same wifi card... I'm also guessing screen will be super glossy, but hey we can't have it all.

Quite excited though as this laptop solves most caveats I found on the 14ACH5 (lack of ports, low brightness screen).

Interestingly it looks like the Ideapad 16ACH6 with improved screen... I don't see much difference with it, apart from 200 more grams.

Laptop is not yet on psfref so I'm guessing we won't seem it anytime soon. Fingers crossed, that should be my next laptop.

Hanzzz

Seems to be almost the same as Ideapad 5 Pro. I am guessing there will be almost no availability for this laptop too.

kamarul

Let's release a new laptop that's almost identical with TWO models we already have in the market, and see which one sells better.

Because it's more fun to compete with Huawei/Honor/LG/Dell/HP/MSI/Acer and ourselves in the 16" space, instead of adding another inch and duking it out with just LG and Dell  ::)

JasePab

Quote from: kamarul on September 09, 2021, 10:09:46
Let's release a new laptop that's almost identical with TWO models we already have in the market, and see which one sells better.
Because it's more fun to compete with Huawei/Honor/LG/Dell/HP/MSI/Acer and ourselves in the 16" space, instead of adding another inch and duking it out with just LG and Dell  ::)
Ahah, that's spot on. I could not have said it any better !
15" would have been super sweet. I guess they couldn't fit the ports in a 15" chassis which are missing from the 14" model.
Still no competition for XPS in my opinion

Jose Hidalgo

You forgot to say that the optional 120 Hz display is a touchscreen. Yes, a TOUCHSCREEN!!! As confirmed officially by Lenovo : lenovo.com/ph/en/laptops/yoga/yoga-s-series/Yoga-Slim-7-Pro-Gen-6-16-inch-AMD/p/LEN101Y0005

That's just a tiny little detail... that makes all the difference and sets this laptop aside from the others. Only the LG Gram 16T90P can compete spec-wise (16" touchscreen). It's lighter, but its 1165G7 processor is no match for the 5800H. And neither is its Xe IGP vs. the RTX 3050.

This upcoming Yoga already rules in the '16+ inch 2-in-1' segment. Can't wait for it to be reviewed to confirm it! :D

Dorby

@Jose Hidalgo

Hate to break it to you but the "Yoga Slim" series (or "Yoga 16s" as they call it in some regions) is a clamshell design, not convertible.

Lenovo's Yoga 9i 15" is the 2-in-1 model with dGPU.

Jose Hidalgo

Quote from: Dorby on October 10, 2021, 19:33:12
@Jose Hidalgo

Hate to break it to you but the "Yoga Slim" series (or "Yoga 16s" as they call it in some regions) is a clamshell design, not convertible.

Lenovo's Yoga 9i 15" is the 2-in-1 model with dGPU.
Agreed, it's a clamshell design indeed. But it has a touchscreen, which wasn't mentioned in the article. That was my point.

People wanting a real foldable laptop (what we call commonly 2-in-1) will buy something else, and people wanting a laptop with a big touchscreen will see this Yoga as the best option.

Jose Hidalgo

I also need to add that this Yoga model doesn't appear on NotebookCheck's "search". Just select '16" or greater + touchscreen'. That is not normal and I hope they fix it soon.

AlexH

Shame it has an off centre keyboard.  Really shouldn't put numpads on laptops. Otherwise I'd buy one.

RobertJasiek

I have also never understood off-center keyboards but I need number keys. Apparently some users want and others do not want them so there should be both kinds of devices.

seiferflo

So i have this laptop for a few months now, not the P version but exactly the same specs wise from what I read (bought during the last black friday at a dirt cheap price in France)

- Running with Ryzen 7 5800H, RTX 3050, WQXGA 500nits 16" 120hz screen, 16GB, 512GB.
- Laptop is great overall, running super fast, really responsive.
- I love the design, really gorgeous from outside and the screen bezel is sweet.
- The best is clearly the screen by far. The resolution is excellent though a tiny small at 100% scale on W11. Color is amazing and the 120hz really makes a difference daily (I'm spending about 12/14h a day on it).
- The CPU is a beast, not much to say and I'm quite happy with the SSD, though I might upgrade it in a couple of a years for a bigger one.
- Wifi is bad, I'm not sure what's going on. I've asked for a replacement card, they gave me the realtek instead of Mediateck and I ended-up buying the Intel AX210 as i wasn't satisfied. Yet, I still don't have a very good speed / responsiveness compared to a much older laptop I own. I'm guessing something blocks the signal. Therefore, I'm running a USB3 to 1GB ETH adaptor daily.
- The GPU is a really good, however gaming makes the laptop really hot (top part of the keyboard) and the fan screams a lot. I wish there were a middle ground but there isn't. Either you never hear the laptop, or it screams when CPU/GPU are used heavily. 1080p is ok but 2160p is too demanding so it makes to much noise.
- Keyboard is great, good position and travel. I love the numbers that's why i bought the 16" and I'll never go back to a smaller size. It makes my work (financial) much better when the digits.
- On the downside, I hate the trackpad, seriously. Not only it isn't centered so it took me a while to get used to it, but I can't get it to run smoothly. When I do smooth movements, precise, the cursor just doesn't move. If I lower the sensitivity it's a bit better but I'm years away from a standard mouse. If someone has an idea, I'm all hears because it pisses me of every time I use it.
- Touchpad is good, though I almost never use it, only to zoom in a few things. Overall ergonomic isn't suitable when running 2560x1600 resolution where everything is super tiny.
- Battery is ok. I wouldn't say great because the screen is hungry for power but if I'm not running heavy load i can last a few hours without an issue. My 6 years old laptop runs longer on low use though... However, there is a very annoying bug as well which is that the laptop never turns off when I close the lid or I put it to sleep. I ended-up putting it in my bag many times and found it running extremely hot a couple of hours after because it wasn't off. Therefore, I have to constantly turn off the laptop else it never sleeps. Not sure if it's a W11 issue or bios.
- I didn't see a single update on the laptop since 6 months now so it makes me wonder.

Overall, I'm quite happy with it, from a specs point of view, it's everything I wanted on a laptop.
However, the few issues I have (wifi, trackpad, battery, heat) does weight sometimes on my temper. I bought it for professional use and it doesn't travel very well from my point of view. It's gorgeous in front of clients but struggling to move the cursor, having bad wifi, or running out of battery because I didn't turn it off isn't really pro).

Let me know if you need more feedback.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview