News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra to favor Exynos 2200 over Snapdragon 898 for extra graphics boost to tackle iPad Pro

Started by Redaktion, September 07, 2021, 14:32:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Samsung is tipped to fit its forthcoming Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra with its vaunted Exynos 2200 SoC. The chip features a mobile AMD RDNA2 GPU with real-time ray tracing support which could give it the necessary muscle to tackle Apple's class-leading M1 SoC fitted to the iPad Pro range.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Galaxy-Tab-S8-Ultra-to-favor-Exynos-2200-over-Snapdragon-898-for-extra-graphics-boost-to-tackle-iPad-Pro.559090.0.html

VaruLV

Only way how to lure iPad users to Android tablets, IMHO, would be porting most of the iPadOS apps to run on Android, otherwise its a no go.
Now that Samsung have started producing higher quality Android tablets as before, luring developers into making their iPadOS apps available on Android with the same design and features, is a must.

Radu

I would say the opposite, yeah the iPad has apps but those apps are for content creation, and if you're not into this then they are useless. As for android tablets, they have much more usefull apps for entertainment, like vanced youtube, manga reader Tachiyomi, etc. There are alternatives on iPad but not as good.
Now someone would say something about working on a tablet, multitasking, and I would say that's bul****. One laptop and 2 external display combined is barely enough for me as a developer. There are no apps for developers, so it's still the same old iPad with a useless new M1.
If I could run desktop apps on iPad, then there would be no reason for hesitation to grab an M1 iPad.
Another reason for me is that I am a developer, if I don't have the app I want then I can just create it, yet you can't do this on a Windows machine, cause apple stupid reasons. You may say get a mac, but I am also a gamer, so that's aonther downside to apple ecosystem.
To summ it up, aplle ecosystem is too restraining for advanced users/developers.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview