News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Crysis 2 for Nintendo Switch: Video shows better performance than on Xbox 360 and PS3

Started by Redaktion, September 05, 2021, 21:27:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The old but still good game by Crytek completely overwhelmed PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 consoles when it was released back in 2011. But on the Nintendo Switch, the Crysis 2 remake runs surprisingly well and thus presents a good opportunity for fans to experience the first-person shooter once again.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Crysis-2-for-Nintendo-Switch-Video-shows-better-performance-than-on-Xbox-360-and-PS3.558881.0.html

JoeBlack

Quote from: TKay on September 06, 2021, 02:04:07
Nintendo: we can play 10 year old games at 30 fps
I always pity gamers that bought Nintendo consoles to play PC games ...
IMHO it's not the console you are looking for, I love my Mario, Karts etc., but I would not touch Wolfenstein, Doom etc. on my Switch.

ZODD

Not bad!
It amazes me a Switch can play this game on a old mobile SOC that brought most PC's to their knees when first launched. Yes it's a old game but to see it run on a handheld is just crazy.

Vaardu

I mean at least it isn't on Vita. That one didn't even run Borderlands 2 properly. The Switch is better at that. The Switch has run Alien: Isolation and I think Digital Foundry found that it was graphically better. Getting this far in gaming on the Switch I feel is really impressive.

I wouldn't knock it, if game engine developers optimise for this console too without much degradation in quality then that should add more to the Switch library.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview