News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Merciless Apple M1 Mac mini takes AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX Mini PC to pieces in benchmark obstacle course

Started by Redaktion, September 04, 2021, 11:37:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The M1 Mac mini has been pitted against the Ryzen 9 5900HX-powered EliteMini HX90 in a clash of processor titans. While the Apple M1 couldn't completely overpower the AMD Zen 3 part in every single benchmark, it was clearly dominant overall. The M1's 8-core iGPU also stood up well against the AMD Radeon Graphics 8 iGPU.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Merciless-Apple-M1-Mac-mini-takes-AMD-Ryzen-9-5900HX-Mini-PC-to-pieces-in-benchmark-obstacle-course.558398.0.html

LL

Cinebench score seems very weak for the 5900. Notebookcheck net have much higher values. Even a Ryzen 7 5800H a 45w piece is much faster than 10000.

Anonymousgg

Those GPU results in particular are embarrassing. AMD has a chance to rectify this next year with Rembrandt, 12 CUs of RDNA2 instead of 8 Vega.

TwistedAndy

The review is very biased. Test results for 5900HX are much lower than we have in other independent studies. For instance, the median CB R23 score for 5900HX is nearly 13000, but not 10700. The same story takes place with the Geekbench scores. The average scores for 5900HX are nearly 1500 and 8400-8600.

The other manipulation is power consumption. M1 chip consumes nearly 25W under full load, but not 15W.

It is very easy to manipulate the data if you want to show that one platform is better.

Erik

Something is definitely off with the CB23 score, this other review
www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHpBsPxixkg
gives it 12035; on the other hand the Geekbench V5 score is higher in the comparison video shown in this article.

Rizal

It's Max Tech.

He's very biased against non apple product. He'd use clickbait title and thumbnail to showcase how superior apple product is when it's known he put apple rivals in disadvantage situation.

Anyone shouldn't take anything he said seriously.

PolCPP

He's super biased on Apple. I mentioned it on his video, he even puts a picture at some point of a mac mini using 22 watts of power (from an anandtech post), but he says the mac mini uses 15 watts.

FlatWhite

lol, it's not about hardware, it's software issue.
Those benchmark doesn't fully utilize 100% CPU, I've done quite a lots of programming software benchmark between Ryzen 7 5800H vs M1, M1 is maxed out & finish faster while 580HH is only 40-60% Util.
The strength of x86 CPU is multitasking.

LL

@FlatWhite
I've done quite a lots of programming software benchmark between Ryzen 7 5800H vs M1,

Really? i made Cinebench R23 on 5800H and i can get more than 13000 points.

So why a stronger CPU like 5900 are only 10000 here?

FlatWhite

don't misunderstand my point bro. Even if my 5800H is beaten by M1 in some workload in term of finish time. My 5800H score 13k Cinebench R23

My point is x86's strength is about multitasking.
Need to run multi workload to stress out 5800H 100% & then you'll see the difference, M1 performance will suffer when it's being pushed hard.

hachi

Quote from: Anonymousgg on September 04, 2021, 14:12:15
Those GPU results in particular are embarrassing. AMD has a chance to rectify this next year with Rembrandt, 12 CUs of RDNA2 instead of 8 Vega.

For what ? This cpu will pair with 3070 or 3070 in laptop. Increase graphic processing power with the expense of cpu power ? No thanks.

Anonymousgg

Quote from: hachi on September 04, 2021, 17:21:08
Quote from: Anonymousgg on September 04, 2021, 14:12:15

For what ? This cpu will pair with 3070 or 3070 in laptop. Increase graphic processing power with the expense of cpu power ? No thanks.

But they used this CPU in a mini PC. No discrete graphics. The 5800U which also has Vega 8 and is less likely to be paired with discrete graphics would do even worse against the Apple M1.

AMD obviously doesn't agree with you because we already know they are putting 12 RDNA2 CUs in top Rembrandt, and aren't adding any more CPU cores.

Jalpo

Abnormally low results for the 5900HX in CPU tests.
This is why no one takes YouTube videos seriously.

Skycubix

Lol, citing a Youtube channel none other than the Apple-clown Max Tech was the most hilarious thing I've ever seen🤣 Is this the same joke of an author that wrote about the BS article about iOS being superior to Android?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview