News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo belatedly starts selling the Yoga Tab 13, an Android tablet that can double as a secondary display

Started by Redaktion, September 03, 2021, 01:14:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lenovo has finally started selling the Yoga Tab 13, its 13-inch Android tablet with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 SoC. The US$680 tablet can also be utilised as a second display with a laptop or a console like the Nintendo Switch.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-belatedly-starts-selling-the-Yoga-Tab-13-an-Android-tablet-that-can-double-as-a-secondary-display.558227.0.html

Anonymousgg

Quote from: LL on September 03, 2021, 13:52:19
That's a good idea. It would make me to buy a tablet.

It's expensive for that. But I like the idea of tablet that can be retired as a secondary display.

It would be nice if cheaper tablets had display in. How much could it possibly add to the BOM, $5?

Tarquin Chufflebottom

Digitualguy

The fact that it doesn't support touch, let alone pen, when used via HDMI makes this less usefull than many portable monitors, especially battery powered ones... And 13in is definitely small for a monitor.

Hardware Geek

I would really like to see more tablets offer this capability. Especially if you could use it as a usb monitor instead of or in addition to hdmi. That would be a great way to extend a tablets useful lifespan as well when you upgrade down the road.

highstandards

The device is still on the June security release. That doesn't bode well for the future.
Also, you don't get proper Dolby Atmos support. Netflix will stream movies in stereo and the audio driver will process it to use the Atmos certified speakers. Hopefully this will be fixed in a future release.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview