News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad E15 G3 AMD Review: Inexpensive Business Laptop with Ryzen 7

Started by Redaktion, August 11, 2021, 23:56:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lenovo updates the third generation of its 15-inch ThinkPad E15 with powerful Ryzen 5000 CPUs as well as better displays. The very good keyboard is unchanged, so the E15 G3 is a real price-performance recommendation.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-E15-G3-AMD-Review-Inexpensive-Business-Laptop-with-Ryzen-7.554843.0.html

hhbrbr

Would the E14 model show si milar overheating if configured with 5700u instead of the 5500u that notebookcheck tested it with?

It appears that the cooling solution is designed for 5500u processor for both E15 and E14?

E14G3 with 5500u is +50°C under load
E15G3 with 5700u is +60°C under load

Based on internal layout pictures the cooling solution is identical.

Can anyone confirm?

Jebbo

In which markets is the optional 100% srgb screen available in? I can't seem to find it anywhere at all.

AlienAllen

I think they will make a GPU. I think we'll see it in the new 16 inch ThinkPad L16. (Not the 14 inch). And then it'll get scaled up for the Thinkpad X line or F. And then finally, it's super powered version for the Z

Indycat

For what reason does this lose one percentage point for keyboard versus the 14" counterparts? I have tried to figure this out. Are the 14" keyboards somehow better than the 15" ones? And what about the 13" keyboards?

KleinerZomie

Just a happy student, who is happy with their choice.

10/10 - This Laptop is exactly what I wanted and expected it to be for the money I had paid for it.

I had searched for a new (not used and not refurbed) Laptop in the price range up to 800€, which would fulfill the following criterias:

- preferably 10+ hours of battery life (min. 6-8 hours)
- 16 GB RAM (upgradable to at least 32GB RAM)
- 512 GB SSD (willing to comprimise with having only 256GB SSD)
- 1080p screen resolution
- at least 14" big
- Intel Core i7 11th Gen or AMD Ryzen 7 5000er Series
- Good Reviews on Youtube and well known Computer Internet Blogs and Websites
- Preferably with HDMI, Ethernet, USB-A and USB-C ports
- If possible with no Operating System pre-installed (bc I didn't want to pay unnecessarily for Windows)
- It doesn't need to be a super thin and lightweighted Notebook, but shouldn't be any higher than 2cm and heavier than 2kg.
- A blacklit keyboard would be frickin' awesome
- NO CHROMEBOOKS. Nope. Thats not a Laptop in my opinion. Haters gonna hate.

I compared Laptop models from several brands and offers from several resellers. I compared them during different times starting during September 2021 until the end of November 2021.

I had looked into the following brands:

Apple, Dell, Asus, Acer, HP, Huawei, Microsoft (yes, them too.) and last but not least Lenovo.

Before the Black Friday Sale I decided to buy a Lenovo Laptop, as the other brands had almost no models that checked all the mentioned things above, still had good reviews from multiple sources and were under the price of preferably 745€ if possible, maybe even 700€.

Also Lenovo is a popular brand, that many programmers like to use, if they don't have an fancy Macbook. It was not only recommended to me via Youtube, Tech forums and blogs, but also personally by a dozen fellow students and some programmers I know (Some recommended Apples new M1's Macbooks from 2020/2021 but those were too expensive for me). Lenovo's Thinkpads are also very well known for being one of the best modell series to use and support several Linux distributions.

But what was the most important was the fact, that Thinkpads were also known for their longevity.

Longevity is a very important factor for me. I don't want to buy a device, only to replace it after 2-4 years. I want it to run smoothly 5-8 years, maybe even 10 years, if possible. And I want the most I can get for my money.

So the final choice ended up to be this specific model of the Thinkpad Series, as it costed me only 725€ which was the best deal I was able to get at that time.

My specs are (basically the same as the one of the article):
- 1 x 512GB SSD NVME
- AMD Ryzen 5700U 8Cores, 16 Threads
- Radeon RX Vega 8 iGPU
- 16 GB RAM (upgradable up too 32-40GB of RAM)
- 57 Wh Battery (mine does run 8,5h with 4GB RAM dedicated to the iGPU when it runs Windows 10 from an external SSD, 6-8h when it runs on Arch Linux after setting up tlp and auto-cpufreq for powermanagement)
- Backlit Keyboard GERMAN QWERTZ
- 1080p, 60Hz Screen Resolution
- 720p Webcam
- No preinstalled Operating System
- No License for Windows 10/11

Lucas

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview