News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 series prices continue to drop, but AMD Radeon RX 6000 cards are on the rise again

Started by Redaktion, August 11, 2021, 18:37:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The downward trend of NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 series prices continues, having seemingly peaked sometime in May. By contrast, the cost of AMD Radeon RX 6000 series cards is rising, excluding the RX 6600 XT. Unfortunately, AMD and NVIDIA's desktop graphics cards remain well above MSRP.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-30-series-prices-continue-to-drop-but-AMD-Radeon-RX-6000-cards-are-on-the-rise-again.554518.0.html

SiliconAddict

Who gives a crap if the price is dropping if inventory is only a few cards at time.   >:( I've spent almost a year trying to get a 3090.  I refuse to spend north of $3000 on that card by scalpers and you can never find them in stock anywhere. I just deployed a Bot this week to try and pick one up but I'm pretty sure there are enough bots out there, that that won't work either.  companies need to go back to allowing people to do an order even if it isn't in stock and just ship it when it freaking is available. So first come first served as it were.

scradam

Congratulations on being the last site to write about this development.

For those of you considering whether to get NVIDIA or AMD, I can tell you after 20 years of experience with both, NVIDIA is a much better bet lately for a variety of reasons unless you're a miner.  Visit any PC Reddit sub and check for yourself.

Disclaimer: I'm jaded by buying AMD GPUs gen after gen based on hardware value per dollar, but I can tell you it's usually not worth it.  You know that ~25% markup (in previous gens but not lately, apparently) you paid for NVIDIA by comparison to AMD benchmarks?  Well, that money you paid NVIDIA went to care and attention to PC gamers, mostly in quality assurance and drivers, and support from members of the modding and PC gaming community.  Now, the value per dollar for hardware specs is nearly identical, except an AMD card is frankly mostly for mining.  I'm glad AMD is in the market though, to keep NVIDIA in check, at least a little.

Seriously though AMD, PC gamers are worth it.  Invest more in us.  Give me a better reason to buy an AMD GPU again someday.  Ryzen is great, but your GPUs comparably suck for PC gaming, and it's been this way for well over a decade.  You are so close, AMD.  Try harder on quality and customer engagement.

CD

What cards? The RTX 30 series is largely unavailable on websites like Amazon, and even when you can find them, they are wildly overpriced. I caved last month and just bought a 980 Ti instead...literally had to go back 3 generations to find a card even remotely a good value (even then, I paid only a few hundred bucks less than MSRP...on a 6 year old card).

This market is insane, hopefully as COVID wanes these manufactures can figure out why these cards are still selling for far more than their suggested retail price.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview