News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Almost an XPS 16: Dell Inspiron 16 Plus 7610 laptop review

Started by Redaktion, August 11, 2021, 18:31:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Inspiron 16 introduces some notable firsts for the series including a 3K 16-inch display, GeForce RTX 3050 graphics, and a new metal chassis design. Most of it is impressive, but the Nvidia GPU in particular falls a bit short.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Almost-an-XPS-16-Dell-Inspiron-16-Plus-7610-laptop-review.553819.0.html

alphaLONE

Talk about form over function! The vent shape (round holes) is surely the worst use of space I've seen. They could have gone with squares or rectangles with rounded edges and gotten more cooling area than with this stupid design.

jw

The circle vents are not even functional. The actual vents are located under the hinge.

You clown

You clown

Quote from: alphaLONE on August 11, 2021, 23:43:11
Talk about form over function! The vent shape (round holes) is surely the worst use of space I've seen. They could have gone with squares or rectangles with rounded edges and gotten more cooling area than with this stupid design.

Here's the laptop in use:
/r/laptops/comments/p0rz2i/my_review_on_dell_inspiron_16_plus_with_rtx_3060/

You clown

The Inspiron 16 Plus has PCIe for the Slot 1 Drive.

See the Dell support Setup and Specification and the Service Manual on the Dell Website.

You clown

Quote from: You clown on August 12, 2021, 04:56:21
The Inspiron 16 Plus has PCIe for the Slot 1 Drive.

See the Dell support Setup and Specification and the Service Manual on the Dell Website.

Edit: PCIe 4.0, to be clear.

Butthead

From that pdf:
Your Inspiron 16 7610 supports one of the following storage configurations:
● One M.2 2230/2280 solid-state drive
● One M.2 2230 solid-state drive + one M.2 2230/2280 solid-state drive

Do you know by chance which of the SKUs come with 2 drive slots?

Walglenut

Why did you review the one with the RTX stinking 3050?
This is a superb laptop for the money with a great screen
The RTX 3060 is a must
I wish the had a Inspiron 2 in 1 13 16.10 3K in this color. 

AHA

The fact that you can get this with an RTX 3060 for c.£1,000 less than a similarly CPU'd XPS 15 or 17 with an RTX 3050 is hilarious.

APS

Does the 1TB configuration come with 1TB M2 2230 SSD or 1TB M2 2280 SSD?

If it comes with 1TB M2 2280 SSD then it will be difficult to upgrade since M2 2230 SSD are rare.

ulises

Better this Dell with the 3050 than the Vivobook 16x with the 3050 Ti. And the processor also performs more in this Dell.

Harry Mudd

Some units of this model have issues that make the trackpad unusable.  google:

inspirion 7610 trackpad

for details.

Fabian Joya

Overall I am happy with this computer, but it has two flaws:

1) The touchpad issue is real. I dismissed before I purchased, but I am running into it also. It's a design flaw with the computer which Dell so far has not fixed. Apparently the touch pad is not grounded, and static electricity can cause it to act up, or something like that (I am no expert). A very clever owner figured out a fix that involves soldering a grounding wire to the touchpad. (See the Dell Community thread "Running List of Inspiron 7610 Touchpad Issue Posts".

2) The SD card slot is useless. It's USB 2.0 and provides only 20 MB/s transfer speed. I wish Dell instead provided some additional USB A or USB C ports.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview