News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Video of ten-year-old Samsung Galaxy S2 running Android 11 will remind power users of Android's glory days

Started by Redaktion, August 07, 2021, 23:58:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

While Apple's iOS comes with the advantage of better official support, it pales in terms of customizability and system-level user control. Nothing better depicts that than a video showing Android 11 running on a ten-year-old device, the Samsung Galaxy S2.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Video-of-ten-year-old-Samsung-Galaxy-S2-running-Android-11-will-remind-power-users-of-Android-s-glory-days.553985.0.html

Android Master

Tony Cavanagh

"Android is a flawed OS "!   This annoyed me.  As a regular user of both (Android personal phone, and a iPhone works phone) I am constantly frustrated by the lack of flexibility and open architecture to perform tasks the way I want on the apple.
Android systems are my choice every time.

Miguel G924

Tell me you're an Apple fanboy without telling me you're an Apple fanboy.

"Android is a flawed OS with quite a few shortcomings"

hugh man

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to go with the latest android on older hardware like the S2, just the latest android that's supported by pretty much all apps now. That would be android 7 or so, the S2 would be much faster using that. An S5 could go with 7 and be that much faster as to be not noticeable to normal users. Just keep going with matching legacy phones with newer versions of android which they never got. Kinda proves a point about the whole forced sales for new OS regardless of the other toys like 50MP cameras, privacy invasion devices like fingerprint/facial recognition and other gimmiky junk for children(and clickbait ad revenue). Oh and these older phones still have replaceable batteries, headphone jacks, tool less access, microsd, sane bezels and sizes, cameras just fine for average users, sturdy materials etc you know the things that are useful.

Danny Dillon

The moment I read "Android is a flawed os" I knew this was written by an iOS fanboy, who does not know how to be impartial. iOS is flawed too, it's not perfect by any stretch, and Android 11 has leveled the playing quite a bit too

Skycubix

lol you know what writer you don't even deserve to be human.
'Android is a flawed OS'? 'The glory days of Android 10 yrs ago'?? The glory days of both Android and iOS are NOW, with Android getting more streamlined and iOS having more customizability.
I've come to respect fans from either side, but you just crossed the line with the FIRST PARAGRAPH. You even calling yourself as a fanboy js a disgrace to other people who have brains functioning on both sides and can think rationally.

Aswank67

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview