News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Minisforum is now pre-selling the EliteMini HX90 mini PC with Ryzen 9 5900HX and liquid metal cooling

Started by Redaktion, August 04, 2021, 19:31:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The high-end nature of the new Minisforum EliteMini HX90 mini PC is reflected not only by the inclusion of the Ryzen 9 5900HX APU, but also by the carbon fiber chassis and the premium liquid metal cooling system. Minisforum is offering an early bird $100 discount on all variants.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Minisforum-is-now-pre-selling-the-EliteMini-HX90-mini-PC-with-Ryzen-9-5900HX-and-liquid-metal-cooling.553330.0.html

andyoneall

Great coverage. But do we know if it is all worth it. Does the PCIe architecture reflect the throughput equivalent to the mobo and pcu? Is it gen 4??

H V Bardsley

Minisforum's web page advertizes the M.2 as an SSD. The illustration shows an M.2 with a single notch like an NVME. So, does the HX90 require NVME or NGFF?

Kiki

Multiple reviews (e.g. GamersNexus) are now showing that Minisforum lied in their marketing materials.

The HX90 does not have either liquid metal cooling NOR a carbon fiber chassis.

It would be strongly advised to avoid this company.

Codrut Nistor

Hello, everyone! I asked MINISFORUM and I got answers for all of you.

1. We are talking about PCIe 3.0.
2. NVME.
3. The HX90 has liquid metal cooling and a carbon fiber chassis, but those reviewers apparently received the wrong samples. As a conclusion, those reviews are right concerning the REVIEWED ITEMS, but they do not apply to the PRODUCTION UNITS that customers will receive.

I hope the above clears out all your questions.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview