News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung Galaxy S21 series sales show a massive 47% decline from the Galaxy S10

Started by Redaktion, August 03, 2021, 15:55:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Samsung sales are declining. The company has recorded mostly negative sales metrics this year, and a new report estimates that the Galaxy S21 series has sold rather poorly, showing a 20% drop versus the S20 lineup, and a massive 47% decline when compared to the Galaxy S10 series.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-Galaxy-S21-series-sales-show-a-massive-47-decline-from-the-Galaxy-S10.553155.0.html

Robinson Constantin Chera

Bad components(CPU) impacted the sale of this device. If Samsung will not get rid of the shitty Exynos, they'll still have bad sales.

yupdump

Yup, and I will keep my S10 and never upgrade to a new Samsung phone that does not have SD card slot and a headphone jack.

Also they need to have the best photo and video capabilities again, and make a smaller version of the Ultra for those of us who don't want a huge slab in our pockets...

John Lysek

I'm just fine with my S10+. Phones are only getting incrementally better, and the increments are getting smaller. It is not worth the trouble of upgrading. Apple doesn't have that problem because it is more of a status symbol/cult. They don't care the the phones are no better, they just want a "new" one at any cost.

Greg

No SD card, no iris unlock, fingerprint reader is worse than the S9+, no headphone jack. no heart rate sensor.

they already killed:
removable battery
IR blaster (S5)

So yeah, I wonder (sarcastically) why Samsung couldn't sell this model?

Hamstergirl

I think the price factor and such matter too, what non business related purchaser can go for $1000 phones every year when what they already are sunk into does all they need? All the way back to Android 7 works with any apps, so any top level S phone from the s6/s7 is perfectly usable. Also you're getting less and less real functionality for more and more greed markup. I still use an s5 and it's great other then the not so easily upgradeable OS, but so far only one app is not compatible and I can just login to their website via browser and use the service. Have a couple of batteries to pop in if one dies or gets bloated, it's easy to hold with bezels, fits in a normal pocket, has a more than fine camera for average users and can be bought and/or replaced for less than $40 with another one.

Aaron Reid

I bet it has to do with the bubble notifications. Everybody is really pissed about that.

FNFollies

I used to upgrade every 2 years like clockwork and by 1.5 years I already had an itch and I'm still on an S10. I have a cracked screen and actually WANT to upgrade, here's what's holding me back (ymmv)

All of the features I currently would upgrade for like Wifi 6E, Bluetooth 5.2, and UWB, are only in the gigantic and expensive S21 Ultra 5g.

That's literally it, that size is an absolute deal breaker for me and I can't get those features in any other samsung device.

Samsung needs to at the very least make flagship versions of the smaller phones. The S21 series kept the price premiums but it felt more like midrange offerings. Hopefully they push up the release of the S22 otherwise my impatience may just push me towards an Asus or One Plus.

Digitalguy

Not surprised... The S10 gave people some great phones, headphone jacks, sd cards, improved camera, a smaller size and flat screen with the S10e, 128GB storage. They have gone back with no jack, no sd card, and decent improvements only in the huge models. Personally I'll stay with my S10E for several more years, then if Samsung has not come with some good small phone I'll move to another brand... I might even move to Apple is nothing good is on the Android side...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview