News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 AMD laptop review: Upgradeability meets AMD Ryzen 5000

Started by Redaktion, August 02, 2021, 18:48:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Lenovo ThinkPad L series represents the entry level among the B2B models; the ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 is one of the cheapest ThinkPad laptops with a 14-inch display. Nevertheless, it convinces with its strong performance and upgradeability. However, compromises have to be made in terms of battery life and multimedia.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-L14-Gen-2-AMD-laptop-review-Upgradeability-meets-AMD-Ryzen-5000.552960.0.html

VaruLV

Nothing personal, but I do wonder if people, who write reviews about L14 are beying paid or endorsed in any other way by Lenovo to lie about its build quality. Im not talking about display bezels from 2001.
Im talking about bendable, twistable palm rests, because, as mentioned in review, there is no support under palm rests, which is horrid.
I bought L14 2020 last autumn and returned it within a day because the build quality of the palmrest, with only battery being underneath it, without any structural frame, was terrible, my cheapo budget Ideapad 320 15.6 inch from 2019 had better build in that part.
Yikes.

Tupelo

Back when Lenovo was caught putting spy chips into the Thinkpads that were sold to the US military, I hoped this would mean tech reviewers would take a more skeptical, more critical view of Lenovo.

That never happened.

audiores

The ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 (AMD) has very poor linux support at the moment, even with Mainline 5.14 kernel. The experiences are documented on reddit (search for "Lenovo Thinkpad L14 Gen2 AMD Linux incompatibilities").

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview