News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

PlayStation 5 lead architect Mark Cerny shares his 7,000 MB/s SSD of choice for his personal PS5 console

Started by Redaktion, August 01, 2021, 11:53:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Mark Cerny, the lead architect behind the development of the PlayStation 5, has shared the internal SSD drive he has plumped for in regard to expanding the storage on his own PS5 console. Cerny had to select a drive that could match or outpace the PS5's own 5.5 GB/s-capable SSD, so it seems he selected a 7,000 MB/s-capable drive from Western Digital.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/PlayStation-5-lead-architect-Mark-Cerny-shares-his-7-000-MB-s-SSD-of-choice-for-his-personal-PS5-console.552970.0.html

TruthIsThere

Lead architecture designer picks/PROMOTES one of the worst high-failure rate drive in storage history.

This should seriously worry all PS5's owners their hardware inevitable very short lifespan due to cheap/unreliable components.

Tic-tok!  💣

Kenny C

I can't believe my eyes. I have been in the industry long enough know Western digital is the worse hard drive storage you should get. Everytime you see a harddrive  failure, it would almost certain that's a western digital!!

Undoubtedly this is a paid to promote article!

Eliad Buchnik

For all people slandering WD here, two things :
I have used hard drives from several manufacturers including Seagate Toshiba and WD and I still have running hard drives from WD that are 10 yo+.
This is SSD not hardrives, the two have completely different causes of failures, so if your hard drive failed it does not means jack s*** for WD SSD.
Also it has the same 5 years warranty/ 300TB written per 500GB space like competing drives from Samsung.
Overall it is a great drive I bought it for the PS5 and I hope I will soon be able to use it, no wonder Cerny chose it.

Connor

When I first got my PS5 last year I plugged my 4TB external hardrive in and it read it and also I purchased Rift Apart and saved that on to it

Srimasis

I am really laughing while reading the comments. WD sn850 is the one of the best nvme SSDs in the market right now. Heck I even consider it better than Sabrent. And modern SSDs have a much lower failure rate than HDDs. Guess people are really more into the brand name than the product itself.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview