News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Windows 11's strict hardware requirements cannot be bypassed, Microsoft admits, "We know it sucks... we will still block you"

Started by Redaktion, July 31, 2021, 09:59:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Microsoft's Program Manager Aria Carley has confirmed that it would not be possible to bypass Windows 11's TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot requirements once the OS launches some time in October. Insider builds can currently be installed on a wider range of Intel and AMD CPUs, but the OS will support only Intel 8th gen and above and AMD Ryzen 2000 and above consumer processors at launch with no way to bypass these enforcements.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Windows-11-s-strict-hardware-requirements-cannot-be-bypassed-Microsoft-admits-We-know-it-sucks-we-will-still-block-you.552733.0.html

Imglidinhere

I just don't see the issue with supporting hardware as long as you have a TPM of the required version. I run a Dell Precision 3520 and my CPU is from the generation before what they allow. It's absolute bullshit that I shouldn't be allowed to upgrade if I so desire. This OS has already been seen running on a freakin Raspberry Pi 4b in several instances so it has nothing to do with demanding higher-level hardware. It's literally them just blocking it because they don't feel like supporting certain things.

Definitely won't be upgrading.

Stephen J. Cook

Microsoft's attitude has probably finished me as a user of any of their products. I built my own PC which is more than capable of doing anything I ask of it. The processor has more than three times the speed required four times the memory and more than 1000 times the data storage capacity. However it won't meet their requirements. Drivers and software are all checked for updates on a daily basis, as is my OS. I run more than adequate security in place. I am now just researching an alternative OS.

Old and left out

All that inclusive crap from Hollywood and big companies and we are left out because we are not rich enough to have a 3 or younger computer... Isn't it stupid my i7 7700 isn't cool enough for Microsoft but some crappy 30$ CPU will run it, just because it is newer, not faster, not more efficient or something related to the functional architecture  of the device or the native instructions... Just due to their versions...

Cory D Wilson

It's stupid first gen Ryzen isn't supported. That wasn't that long ago. I went ahead and grabbed a b450 board and Ryzen 3600x to replace my 1700x and b350 board, gave me an excuse to upgrade but still shouldn't have had to.  First gen Ryzen is still plenty relevant and second gen Ryzen is the exact same architecture just a few nm smaller.  How you going to support that and not the original?

BrendaEM

stpeter

Windows 11 = Vista. They just moved the buttons around and added new wallpapers/icons.

Mike Reeves

After 28 years of Windows  (3.1 to Win 10) I shall not be installing Win 11.
All of my systems will in future run a Linux Distro.. I'm quickly going up the learning curve with Linux, and so far I'm very impressed.

Simpson

Microsoft today "Bye bye marketshare"

Microsoft in a year "Okay, here is Windows 11 Lite"

Brokenbeatz

Don't believe the hype!!

As a prior employee of Microsoft for 3 years in the 'Debug & Development' team, let me be the 1st to tell you something.   MICROSOFT DOES NOT BOAST PUBLICLY ABOUT ROCK SOLID CODING, OR THE LACK OF SPECIFIC MEASURES TO BYPASS A SYSTEM REQUIREMENT!   This is one of the tactics they used during Windows XP, and Windows 7 pre-deployment interviews! They have so many security leaks in their engineering department, so they try to run damage control prior to major exploits that have been discovered, identified, and ultimately cannot be removed without a big service pack. 

They have a completed Windows 11 architecture and the programmers are way to uptight to undo a fully developed product this close to release.  They have tried in the past and it led to major delays on a ready for retail product.  When a flaw is found by us that allows us access to areas of the OS that no normal user should know of, that exploit spreads in house like a raging case of herpes, BUT the NDA we sign says that we cant share or reveal the flaw until launch day has passed.   I GUARANTEE you (hint hint) that there are as many as 3 different methods or bypassing both TPM and Processor requirements, but the only Achilles is that AFAIK these 3 ALL will only work on a Retail, (Pro only not Home) or Enterprise image made from a NON-UPGRADE iso.  Supposedly MS is not gonna make the retail iso available for download without purchasing it and a license key directly.  (So that wont be too hard to acquire!)

Be patient peeps, and i promise you that through a few intricate edits to the unpacked image, which arent extremely TRICKY... so much as VERY METICULOUS attention to detail will be needed.  And my source informed me that failing to edit perfectly will render your pc unusable due to the install being corrupted and you will lose any and all data on your Hd, cuz it will require an Fdisk to start over. But ignore their claim, because as i said, so far unless ANYTHING BIG changes, (never gonna happen) there are already at least 3 privilege escalation methods that will allow you to touch the internals and if not remove...  at least disable those 2 requirements, with only a slight performance loss for altering them.  And yes its confirmed that these are not Beta or Insider copies, but the soon to be released in Oct. Retail release.   Enjoy...

-POI - Microsoft is one of the only companies that LITERALLY has a MAJOR service pack/Security patch already developed, and tested BEFORE the actual launch date for their new OS releases!

Erik

This begs the question of what will happen to the users testing Windows 11 on unsupported devices. Will they keep receiving Dev Channel updates after the official release?

Anyway I keep thinking that Windows 11 is just one big stunt to sell new devices and keep OEMs happy... In six months to one year they will suddenly "discover" that older devices can install Windows 11 after all, but at that point will people really care?

ron pennington

Just UPGRADED to a Macbook pro and WOW I will not be going back to windows anytime soon. I have a trusty HP Elitebook with windows 11 insider preview updates and will keep that as a spare.

Ace Rimmer

Windows 11 is going to be the most pirated Microsoft operating system of all time, simply because:

Microsoft's CPU and TPM "requirements" are arbitrary and have no basis whatsoever in what hardware can and can't successfully run the OS.

I guarantee that within a day of the offical release/RTM of Windows 11, patched .iso files will appear online that bypass the arbitrary "requirements" that check for CPU and TPM.  Mark my words, Windows 11 will be installed on a ton of computers that allegedly don't meet the system requirements. 

The only question is, will Windows 11 be as big a black eye for Microsoft as Windows ME, Windows Vista, and Windows 8?

Skyjack

You can find the link to the tutorial at the end

I am using Official Win 11 on my old Surface Pro 3 with intel i5 4xxx series through OFFICIAL updates using an offline script to join the Dev channel,then reboot, and then just update from the update section in control panel. And Win 11 works great so far although in the last weeks there were some minor errors, now works much better.So no, it is not true that you can not run it on unsupported devices, it is perfectly possible and works perfectly.Bad move from Microsoft because it is EASY to do.

Hope this can be useful for you guys

wwwDOTgoogleDOTcom/amp/s/winaero.com/how-to-enable-windows-11-dev-channel-on-unsupported-device/amp/

Scrap Microsoft

Simple Answer!
Ubuntu Linux Workstation running Libre Office (compatible with Microsoft Office).
Its all free.
Why are people and companies still using Microsoft.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview