News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

A new smartwatch sensor can measure blood sugar, hydration, alcohol and blood pressure levels

Started by Redaktion, July 22, 2021, 02:11:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Smartwatches could soon be capable of measuring blood sugar, blood pressure, blood alcohol and hydration levels. The innovations come courtesy of Rockley Photonics, which has announced a biometric sensor that is small enough to fit within a smartwatch chassis.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/A-new-smartwatch-sensor-can-measure-blood-sugar-hydration-alcohol-and-blood-pressure-levels.551854.0.html

Bill Perrotta

I hope an Android vendor does this and not Apple. If apple does then congratulations you have finally created something other than the Newton. Everything Apple has is copied and in the past they improved things. In my opinion nowadays they make the things they copy worse. Sad the General public is not smart enough to realize this. As a Journalist do you realize it? And do you vare?

Pablo Ernesto

I do not agree that Apple has only made copies, possibly this statement made in a comment is the result of ignorance of the changes caused by Apple, both in personal computers and in software and cell phones.  In the case of cell phones, we need to remember what cell phones were like before the iPhone... I see more "copy" in Samsung products than in Apple... I'm not even going to talk about Chinese products produced cheaply by the exploitation of workers by a totalitarian state.  Joining parts to create something new or in a new functionality is also inventing, otherwise we can say that nothing new is created in the world but last decades!

Anom

Pablo, you just described where and how apple products are made.
It's an American company that produces all of its products overseas to avoid paying higher hourly wages and social security costs.
I'll stick with android. If I am going to buy something from overseas, I am going to buy it from a foreign company. Not an American company exploiting foreign workers and selling it back to us at such an elevated cost.

Michele M Arnold

I'm a type 1 diabetic and was curious on the price of the watch. Would insurance companies in the future cover it? I can't afford any other devices even with insurance.

Christine J Casias

How can I be a test student for the watch,  I'm a diabetic and my level are hard to maintain with a glucose monitor?

Donna Harrell

CHERI WASSER

Lori Muscarella

MARGARITA FUENTES

I would like to test this product. I am recently diabetic and given a glucose monitor. Also have dysautonomia/POTS so i have hr/bp issues as well. Temperature dysregulation. Constantly sweating profusely as well as major hydration. This would be perfect if it was made for Android.

Seyavash

Because of complicated mechanism of blood sugar censor it is impossible for now. I suggest you to read more before theorizing.

Vickie Wilson

I would like to test this watch
I have type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and problem hydration.

May

I have type 2 diabetes and reading this is wonderful, I'm sick of pricking my fingers sometimes I feel I'm going to run out of blood lol, but this is wonderful news

Guadalupe Klein

I'm a  diabetic an willing to test these new smart watch, Let me know when they go on the market for sell. I'll definitely going to buy one if the test passes. 

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview