News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Alleged Ukrainian cryptocurrency mining operation with 3,800 PS4 Slims was actually designed for grinding FIFA Ultimate Team coins

Started by Redaktion, July 18, 2021, 13:50:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

It seems that the Ukrainian crypto mining setup that used PS4 Slims for the task was something less sinister. An investigation by a local news agency revealed that it was little more than a network to grind FIFA Ultimate Team coins, which would subsequently end up being sold on third-party websites.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Alleged-Ukrainian-cryptocurrency-mining-operation-with-3-800-PS4-Slims-was-actually-designed-for-grinding-FIFA-Ultimate-Team-coins.551444.0.html

Jonatas

Quotefound the setup much less sinister than initially anticipated.

Nonsense. There's nothing sinister about mining cryptocurrencies. This is actually much MORE sinister. The fact that someone went through all the trouble and an operation like this even exists just puts in perfect context the business model of EA, what the real product they are selling, what's their real value proposition. Their games must be 18+, and even then I find their practices hard to justify.

SF323

Imagine thinking that providing competition to monopolized money markets by securing decentralized platforms like Ethereum is sinister and then call it as such in a public post so that to affect your thousands of viewers.

What's wrong with you people? Don't you even know what mining is, or are you ideologically opposed to competition when it comes to money markets?

That's some Orwelian sh*t right there. There is a lot of excess in the cryptoworld as there was in the early Internet but ultimately it is an efficiency upgrade on whatever the heck we currently have. Being so diametrically opposed to new technologies that can potentially free people, even calling them sinister is sus.

Are you paid by ... dark forces or *that* naive. Don't be Orwellian megaphones, pretty please.

Jacek Grzadzielski

PaulMcK

I agree the moment you called 'mining crypto' SINISTER you lost all credibility IMHO but then again that was probably your intention to be controversial and get more comments etc

John Jackov

How does mining fifa coins make it "less sinister". Are you retarded... mining crypto currency isn't sinnister. Stealing
power to mine crypto is illegal bit so is stealing power to mine fifa coins. You should really educate yourself before writing stupid s*** like this. And I hope who ever paid you to write this "sinister" material fires you.

PennyD.

Sure are a lot of edgy comments. Do people fail to grasp that the author is referring to criminals mining cryptocurrency instead of cryptomining in general?

RedR.

The author is not referring to criminals who mine cryptocurrency, but specifically to anyone who would dare to support a decentralized network.
The criminal aspect of what these people did remains unchanged--they still stole tons of electricity--but what makes it "less sinister" is that they weren't mining crypto, but abusing a system for a game's ecurrency. So, in fact, the author tacitly endorses the theft of electricity... just so long as it isn't used to mine cryptocurrency. Clearly that's the real crime.

This kind of thoughtless propaganda makes my blood boil, and so do people who defend it.

Barebooh

So many coinsexuals; so many flaming buttocks'.
Delightful. Sitting here with my best Jeff Bridges grin on. Savoring every moment of it.
I just wouldn't know how to help you people.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview