News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Sony Xperia 1 III is slated to get a total of 1 major Android version updates

Started by Redaktion, July 17, 2021, 15:59:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Sony launched its latest flagship smartphone as the Xperia 1 III at a starting price of US$1,300. Despite this, the OEM has reportedly advised that it is getting only 2 years of official software support. Therefore, it is getting only 1 major Android upgrade, which may, moreover, happen sooner rather than later.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Sony-Xperia-1-III-is-slated-to-get-a-total-of-1-major-Android-version-updates.551412.0.html

TruthIsThere

People still considers Sony as a premium brand tickles the hell out of me and Sony has lost that title over 25-years ago and steady decling.

When you have generic/barely known companies worldwide, especially to Westerners, like Xiaomi, Meizu, TCL, Visionox, Honor, Tecno and oodles more besting you in everything in your portfolio, accept leading in image sensors and gaming with its PlayStation platform but Nintendo and now the new SteamDeck may have something to say about that very soon, Sony cannot stay in this failing spiral forever without some major reconstruction (or a major  takeover from either FaceBook, Elon Musk, Amazon, Google anyone?!?!) happening soon within the company.

But as for now, though, Sony's mobile is soon to join the likes of LG, BlackBerry, etc... SOON!

JoeBlack

Quote from: TruthIsThere on July 18, 2021, 06:46:41
People still considers Sony as a premium brand tickles the hell out of me and Sony has lost that title over 25-years ago and steady decling.
TBH I do not get it either. They are not premium brand for quarter of the century and even back then their only advantage was they were first/amongst first ones.
What Sony makes that can even be considered as the best?
Their cameras are pretty incredible, they make the best image sensors for mobile photography, they have Playstation that is probably theirs most valued brand (and probably the only part of Sony that generates a lot of revenue) ... and I am out of ideas ... phones - nope, speakers - definitely no, headphones - only average, below average compared to competition, only their WH/WF series was able to get some ground.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview