News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung’s Exynos 2200 could feature a 6-core RDNA2 GPU to deliver a major graphics boost, and Xbox One-beating performance

Started by Redaktion, July 16, 2021, 10:00:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Tipster @UniverseIce recently claimed on Weibo that Samsung's upcoming Exynos 2200 SoC would feature a six-core RDNA2 implementation. To put this into perspective, the upcoming Steam Deck, capable of playing AAA PC games, features 8-core RDNA2 graphics. This means that Exynos 2200 powered devices could potentially deliver experiences on par with current-gen consoles.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-s-Exynos-2200-could-feature-a-6-core-RDNA2-GPU-to-deliver-a-major-graphics-boost-and-Xbox-One-beating-performance.551310.0.html

Tridents

I don't understand the conclusion. The 8 core RDNA 2 GPU from Steam Deck delivers around 1.6 teraflops of graphics processing power, and someone thinks that a 6 core will be better than the Xbox One 1.3 TFLOP GPU? Theoretically it would be worse at 1.2 TFLOP.

Johan Kolev

I don't understand the article, both the Snapdragon 888 and the A14 perform around 1.8 teraflops... So next generation of mobile soc will surely perform more than 2 teraflops....

Sam.0986

Snapdragon 865 is already capable of 1,202 GFLOPs, the snapdragon 865+ do 1,372 and the snapdragon 888 go has high has 1,720. Current smartphones has console performance already.

Stavro Alexiades

Steam deck uses a 4 core (8 thread) cpu... You need to get your facts straight before you start making comparisons.

Stavro Alexiades

Quote from: Sam.0986 on July 17, 2021, 23:15:47
Snapdragon 865 is already capable of 1,202 GFLOPs, the snapdragon 865+ do 1,372 and the snapdragon 888 go has high has 1,720. Current smartphones has console performance already.

Steam deck is $400 and includes all the tech in the controller. This new chip should perform a lot better than the steam deck that reportedly has 2 gflops.

cryptodonis

Quote from: Stavro Alexiades on July 18, 2021, 01:06:23
Steam deck uses a 4 core (8 thread) cpu... You need to get your facts straight before you start making comparisons.

LMAO - May wish to get your hardware components straight before making a fool of yourself. CPU cores and graphics processor cores are two very different things.

Moops

IT CAN DELIVER THAT PERFORMANCE BUT I DONT THINK AAA games would be released for Android  not possible  . IF WE PLUG OUR OHONES TO POWER SOURCE WHOLE TIME YAA THEN YEAH IT CAN BEAT THE XBOX ONE ALSO IT NEEDS COOLING FAN INSIDE  ALL THESE CANNOT BE DELIVERED VIA BATTERY IT NEEDS CONSTANT POWER SOURCE. ALSO TEMPS WHILE GAMING IS 70 TO 80 IN PC FOR AAA  ganes. Regular mobile games temps like 30 to 40 . Not possible unless it meets my condition

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview