News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

New MacBook Pro rumors claim UHS-II SD card reader, RAM capped at 32 GB

Started by Redaktion, July 13, 2021, 05:46:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

New rumors from Apple-centric YouTuber Luke Miani claim that the upcoming MacBook Pro will sport a UHS-II SD card reader that offers read speeds up to three times faster than the UHS-I card readers used on previous MacBook Pro and MacBook Air models. However, Miani also claims cites insider information claiming that the newest MacBook Pros will be limited to 32 GB of RAM.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/New-MacBook-Pro-rumors-claim-UHS-II-SD-card-reader-RAM-capped-at-32-GB.550828.0.html

Ish

What a waste of bandwidth NBC is spending on useless Apple rumors today... and that thumbnail. Lmao... who would take a clown who makes videos with thumbnails like that seriously? Basically says: "I'm making $hit up for views from total f'ing morons to get that sweet ad revenue." Can't wait for that trend to end of YouTubers making these stupid goddamn faces.

YouTubeMouthBreathers

These YouTube open mouth m... will never stop opening their gaps...

buz

how nice to read two comments in a row which I wholeheartedly in terms with each well typed word,

Peter J Sirman

As a gifted Amateur photographer the faster SD card slot is a must have, however the tiny 32GB memory is an out and out deal killer. One thing photographers in the field use laptops for is to dump data from full SD cards. The SD cards I use now are 128 gb. This tiny Apple product will be next to useless. Even the cheap ASUS laptop I currently own has a 256GB SSD in it at $400 Canadian. A $20 Kingston branded UHS-II card reader completes the package. How much will Apple be charging for their impotent machine?

Anonymousgg

Quote from: Peter J Sirman on July 13, 2021, 13:37:15
As a gifted Amateur photographer the faster SD card slot is a must have, however the tiny 32GB memory is an out and out deal killer. One thing photographers in the field use laptops for is to dump data from full SD cards. The SD cards I use now are 128 gb. This tiny Apple product will be next to useless. Even the cheap ASUS laptop I currently own has a 256GB SSD in it at $400 Canadian. A $20 Kingston branded UHS-II card reader completes the package. How much will Apple be charging for their impotent machine?

Just checking: you realize the 32 GB memory refers to the system RAM, not maximum SD card size, right?

FrankErnest1111

Quote from: Peter J Sirman on July 13, 2021, 13:37:15

Are you stupid?  32 gb is the ram.  RAM is an extremely fast (but lower capacity) temporary storage that can quickly have things loaded in and out many times.  Your Asus probably only has 8-16 gbs of ram.  The 256 gbs you're talking about is the ssd, which is a long term storage option that is usually much bigger than the ram, but also much slower.  All computers have both ram and ssds.  The new Macbooks will probably have a 256 gb - 4 tb ssd (a tb is 1000 gbs).  32 gbs of ram is actually a pretty big amount to have in a laptop.

heffeque

No, he didn't realize. Stop being b****s about it.
I also misread the title, and I know perfectly well the differences between memory types.

Ish

Anyone who refers to themselves as "gifted" is definitely not gifted in the way they think they are... especially if they don't know the difference between RAM and SSD storage.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview