News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Xiaomi Mi 12 shaping up to be a 2021 flagship flagship-killer thanks to purported premium specs and new display rumors

Started by Redaktion, July 12, 2021, 18:45:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

New information about a potential Xiaomi Mi 12 has surfaced. It appears that the Mi 11 successor has already been spotted via the IMEI database. It is expected that the Mi 12 will feature flagship specifications across the board, including a possible Snapdragon 895 processor and even a 200 MP main camera sensor.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Xiaomi-Mi-12-shaping-up-to-be-a-2021-flagship-flagship-killer-thanks-to-purported-premium-specs-and-new-display-rumors.550802.0.html

Wereweeb

I sure hope not.

108MP already has to bin the image down 4 to 1 to 27MP in order to record 4K video - which only has 8.3MP btw, so I'm assuming that you lose all the information provided by roughly 2/3s of the sensor.

200MP will bring literally no benefit, beyond a bigger marketing number. What will help is getting larger and newer sensors, to capture more light with less noise (Disregarding software for a moment)

Reminder that Sony, Google, Apple and a fuckton of professional DLSR's are still using 12MP sensors. RED cameras capture 8K video with 35MP sensors, and they cost more than all my organs combined. More MP ≠ better image.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview