News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Early Sony Xperia 1 III reviews reveal battery life to be a potential Achilles' heel for the US$1,299.99 phone

Started by Redaktion, July 06, 2021, 11:30:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Reviews for the Sony Xperia 1 III have started popping up and there seems to be a general agreement over two points in particular: The Snapdragon 888 smartphone has middling battery life and is priced way too high. Users will expect nothing but the best from the Xperia 1 III if they are to pay US$1,299.99 for it.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Early-Sony-Xperia-1-III-reviews-reveal-battery-life-to-be-a-potential-Achilles-heel-for-the-US-1-299-99-phone.549203.0.html

PaulMc

Well, if the idiots demand unnecessary things like 120Hz displays then of course battery life is going to be affected.

YUKI93

Quote from: PaulMc on July 06, 2021, 15:56:38
Well, if the idiots demand unnecessary things like 120Hz displays then of course battery life is going to be affected.

"bUt 60hZ iS aLReAdY oUtDaTeD. jUsT mOvE oN wItH tHe tiMeS", said by those same idiots. Seriously speaking, I only see 120Hz as a good point for mobile gaming. For the rest of the time when I'm not gaming, I'll switch down to 60Hz all day. I don't see any point in having a 'smoother scrolling', I deeply value battery life instead.

But that said, Snapdragon 888 itself has been a literally hot beast. I'll wait until the Xperia 5 Mk3 to be on sale and GSMArena made a complete review of it. Last year's Mk2 Xperia 5 has a solid battery life despite having a FHD 120Hz screen.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview