News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell Latitude 9420 2-in-1 Convertible Review: Totally Better Than The Latitude 9410

Started by Redaktion, July 05, 2021, 17:27:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

We weren't thrilled that the 2020 Latitude 9410 2-in-1 was little more than a 2019 Latitude 7400 under a different name. This year's Latitude 9420 2-in-1 is what last year's model should have been in terms of features and design.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Latitude-9420-2-in-1-Convertible-Review-Totally-Better-Than-The-Latitude-9410.548439.0.html

Kgd

Could you please double check geekbench performance? Seems way off for this type of processor

kalt

Got this through work, with no fingerprint reader, but with 32 gigs of RAM. Laptop's smooth as silk so far, with the exception of the windows hello/IR cam combo, which failed to launch once and threw a disconcerting blue screen. Hopefully a one-off or temporary driver issue.

I also got the pen (PN579X) to go with it, which is standard Wacom AES 2.0 tech, and works as expected (good positional precision, somewhat wiggly lines when drawing slowly compared to Wacom EMR tech). However it is bulky, being an active (battery-powered) pen, and, coming from a ThinkPad Yoga, I find it quite a lacking solution for day-to-day usage compared to the thinkpad, slot-in pens, which are always available. I'd wish Dell would have at least incorporated some dedicated magnetic attachment position for the pen.

All in all, and despite the minor shortcomings, the laptop has been nothing short of spectacular so far.

Walglenut

Why would anyone buy an expensive 2 & 1 that does not take a pen with 4096 pressure sensitivity? Who needs a two and one convertible without that?

kalt

Quote from: Walglenut on July 08, 2021, 18:34:47
Why would anyone buy an expensive 2 & 1 that does not take a pen with 4096 pressure sensitivity? Who needs a two and one convertible without that?

I would. And pen is integral to me. But I'm not an artist; I just need the pen for note-taking, pdf annotations, teaching, that's for work (and it's all paramount; I wouldn't buy a laptop without a pen), but also light drawing etc. are all perfectly workable stuff. I don't need 4096 pressure levels, most people don't, and most actual artists and designers sport cintiqs and ipads anyway. Would I prefer an integrated wacom EMR slotted into the chassis? in a heartbeat. Is it a deal-breaker? nope.

In the meantime this thing is strong, fast, light, has nice battery life, an adequate selection of ports, a spectacular 16:10 display, surprisingly good speakers and keyboard, mine also came with 32 gigs of RAM and a 5-year on-site warranty. Invest in a TB eGPU at home and this is just about everything a laptop can be.

[now is it expensive? as hell (what's with this metaphor? do we pay to go to hell? dunno, you get what I mean). At least mine was partly subsidized]

MARK HODGSON

Hi I have just brought this laptop and the asus AXE11000 router and I can't  get  the laptop to see the 6ghz band, tried everything suggestioned on line any tips please

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview