News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

More Xiaomi devices explode, this time a Redmi 8 and Poco C3

Started by Redaktion, July 05, 2021, 12:01:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

After incidents with a Poco X3 and Redmi Note 9 Pro months ago, two Xiaomi devices have now also chosen to go the way of flames. The two devices, a Poco C3 and a Redmi 8, exploded and dealt damage to the owner and a child respectively, with Xiaomi initially absolving itself of all blame in one instance.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/More-Xiaomi-devices-explode-this-time-a-Redmi-8-and-Poco-C3.548826.0.html

kek

"It's starting to feel like something's up with Xiaomi's devices."

You think so? They have been underselling their devices for years, it was only a matter of time until some QC issue hit them.

Roy

Quote from: kek on July 05, 2021, 16:37:20
"It's starting to feel like something's up with Xiaomi's devices."

You think so? They have been underselling their devices for years, it was only a matter of time until some QC issue hit them.

I had QC issues with my Xiaomi phones. One of them chronically has a camera failure that happens randomly and another one gets incredibly hot during charging.

Watzupken

I actually feel Xiaomi phone batteries are quite unreliable. Been noticing a few Xiaomi phones which I or people around me owned, with bloated batteries. This includes the first gen Poco which I could replace the battery on my own. I guess the phones are cheap, so something's got to give. Unfortunately, it may seem like the battery under the hood is a victim of the cost cut. There is no perfect records when it comes to exploding phone batteries, but from my own encounter, I feel it seems like a fairly widespread issue. The same goes for Huawei phones where all the Huawei phones I owned developed bloated batteries around a year or more of usage.

DonZafir

It has to be pointed out that Xiaomi targets lower market segments and people in those segments is more than likely to use $2 chargers on their devices. Unstable current and voltage from cheap chargers usually is the reason the battery is deteriorating. That and the sheer number of devices sold means more bad device will pass QC.

JJ

to be honest.. 99% of the time is user problem.. they skim on cheap goods eg chargers or cables to charge their phones.. when explode or go into flames, they blame the phone.. have been using xiaomi phones all my life, including my 70+ yr old mother.. 0 faulty phones..

Dinesh

For a device to blast it is not user fault most of the time. People saying it's user fault are getting paid from redmi . Every phone comes with its own charger and cable and that is what people use. If any brand's phone has a problem like my realme 1 has a dim display or or any other issues so its realme's fault not mine

romy pico

I had several nokia units, and even a panasonic brand made in the Philippines. I've used ANY type of charger as long as it is the standard 5 volts dc charger. The batteries may heat up, and bloat, but thats it, I have never experienced any devices exploding during charging or not charging.  Then i became cautious of chinese and korean cellphones which some units do explode or burst into flames.  I have also experienced these units to heat up with no apparent reason, in my pocket. When it does this, i immediately take out the phone, shut it off snd place it in a cooler place, like holding it against a fan or an airconditioner to cool it.  It sonetimes really heats up and you can feel it when inside your pocket

Hazuki fujiwara

Well, guess I'll have to stop using my 30 watt Mac charger to charge my mi 9 lite!

Frhi

Quote from: Dinesh on July 06, 2021, 15:15:05
For a device to blast it is not user fault most of the time. People saying it's user fault are getting paid from redmi . Every phone comes with its own charger and cable and that is what people use. If any brand's phone has a problem like my realme 1 has a dim display or or any other issues so its realme's fault not mine

I agree. If Xiaomi designed devices that are intolerant of actual user conditions, like mixing and matching chargers and cables (how many people don't use other people's charging stations at their homes, for when they visit), then Xiaomi devices are unreliable in the real world, period.

FYI, I don't have any modern Xiaomi devices but my 4-5 year old Xiaomi phones were not reliable, just cheaper.

4RedPanda

I've noticed that these things usually happen in India. I realize it's a hot country but seems like people here don't know safety rules and do something wrong (like placing their phones somewhere they overheat extremely) so they end up exploding.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview