News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus ROG Zephyrus M16 Gaming Laptop Review: Gaming in 16:10

Started by Redaktion, July 01, 2021, 18:08:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Asus ROG Zephyrus M16 is not just a simple high-end gaming laptop. The 16:10 WQXGA screen and the very good speakers set the Asus notebook apart from the rest of the competition. Read our review to learn what else the Zephyrus M16 has to offer.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ROG-Zephyrus-M16-Gaming-Laptop-Review-Gaming-in-16-10.548332.0.html

rerd

How can you not mention loudness in the verdict? 56 dB is insanely loud. That is an obvious dealbreaker. You basically have quieter vaccum cleaner in front of you while gaming.

Andy M

I wish I could see the laptop gaming performance in more games than just what's shown in this review, especially at 1440p.

Mitchell

Hi, I'm also considering buying this device in this specification but I'm not sure of the fact that hot air is blown right onto the screen. The G15's bottom bezel absorbs most of the brunt but that isn't the case here. So I'd like to know your opinion about the screen temperatures during gaming and how that might affect the screen in the long term.
Thanks in advance!

MOFO

Quote from: rerd on July 01, 2021, 18:58:44
How can you not mention loudness in the verdict? 56 dB is insanely loud. That is an obvious dealbreaker. You basically have quieter vaccum cleaner in front of you while gaming.

This.
That is annoying loud for any laptop, like the looks but can't stand  insanely loud gaming laptops , sure you expect fans to get loud when gaming butbtjis is ridiculous.

RsjRoj

ASUS should make a lower powered model with AMD Ryzen and much lower powered GPU. Should cost less but also much quieter. Target ~ 45 dB full load noise instead of that obnoxious 56 dB.

Now you know why ASUS finally put in better speakers, otherwise you can't hear anything over the fan noise.

WhiskeyMatt

QuoteI'm not sure of the fact that hot air is blown right onto the screen.
This is the right question here. What is the max reasonable temperature that a screen can be exposed to? Do you guys know?
I did a quick google search and it says anything above 50°C over prolonged period of time can make it defective. Storage up to 60°C is acceptable. If this was multimedia laptop with iGPU only, this would be fine, since those rarely heat up a lot. But for a gaming laptop that blasts hot air over a couple of hours long session? Unacceptable. For that reason I went with ASUS G17 instead of the Zephyrus.

Mitchell

Yes the only glaring issues I see are the fan noise and hot air blown to the screen. So I also decided not to go with this. Asus should have gone with the older design they had for the zephyrus series. That would have made this much better cuz the other aspects like the 16:10 ratio, the battery life and all are good.

bukeyolacan

These benchmarks are not correct at all. I have the model with i7 11800h and RTX 3070 and I get similar results as Razer Blade 14 RTX 3070.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview