News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Picture showing the first Chinese entry-level gaming GPU produced by Zhaoxin reveals performance clues

Started by Redaktion, June 25, 2021, 20:20:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

One year ago, Zhaoxin was announcing its intentions to enter the discrete gaming GPU market with a 70 W TGP 28 nm model releasing some time in 2021. From what we can see in the pictures released by Glenfly, Zhaoxin already has some working engineering samples, but Chinese sources are now claiming that these particular models have been cancelled. Could be because of the unsatisfactory performance.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Picture-showing-the-first-Chinese-entry-level-gaming-GPU-produced-by-Zhaoxin-reveals-performance-clues.547485.0.html

Wereweeb

Really doesn't look like a gaming GPU to me, unless you mean a GT 1030. They'd basically be competing with iGPU's.

I mean, for a third world market that kinda makes sense, considering the current market, but this still sounds like a risky move.

kony

Quote from: Wereweeb on June 25, 2021, 20:57:14
Really doesn't look like a gaming GPU to me, unless you mean a GT 1030. They'd basically be competing with iGPU's.

I mean, for a third world market that kinda makes sense, considering the current market, but this still sounds like a risky move.

Why risky? They have to start somewhere and you don't have the technology to make GTX 3090 from the start, gotta start by something relatively easy and slow. I'm sure after making iGPU-like GPUs they can go for low end, and eventually mid end.

KK

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview