News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The iPhone 12 Mini reaches an "early" end of life as Apple reportedly drops it from new production orders

Started by Redaktion, June 22, 2021, 18:15:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

According to the latest market research, Apple has all but given up on the iPhone 12 Mini, bringing its life cycle to a premature halt by ending its production in the second quarter of 2021. Nevertheless, the OEM is expected to order about 12% more new smartphones this year compared to 2020, as the market for these devices might improve going forward.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-iPhone-12-Mini-reaches-an-early-end-of-life-as-Apple-reportedly-drops-it-from-new-production-orders.547054.0.html

Mr Twister

I think it may be time for the Germans to take on the Mini series.

davros

if they do refresh every lets say 3 years, I am fine with that...

lol

kind of Information-poor who use iPhone couldn't understand mini's advantages.

_MT_

Quote from: lol on June 23, 2021, 13:17:21
kind of Information-poor who use iPhone couldn't understand mini's advantages.
It still sold in great numbers. They are just relatively poor compared to other models of iPhone 12. Is it really surprising? I mean, I've always felt that the crowd preferring smaller phones is a minority. Evidenced by the lack of small phones. I certainly didn't believe the so-called analysts who predicted it as the best selling version. Even at $550, much less at $730. And it wasn't helped by the endless claims of poor battery life. Which just isn't true when you look at it relative to older small iPhones or other (truly) compact phones. People choosing a smaller phone are probably not using their phones 8+ hours a day anyway. The only question is what kind of target Apple had.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview