News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

OnePlus to be reduced to a sub-brand under the Oppo umbrella, OxygenOS could be in need of resucitation

Started by Redaktion, June 21, 2021, 13:45:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Following the announcement that OnePlus is completely merging its operations within Oppo, a leaked memo has shed more light on how the arrangement will work. While the merger will still produce OnePlus-branded phones, the company is now a sub-brand within the larger Oppo structure.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/OnePlus-to-be-reduced-to-a-sub-brand-under-the-Oppo-umbrella-OxygenOS-could-be-in-need-of-resucitation.546894.0.html

Astar

Serve OnePlus and its loser Carl Pei right. They forgot the reason why people bought OnePlus in the early days. Flagship specs at non-flagship prices.

Then they started to jump to premium pricing. WTF...! Really??!

I really hope these wannabe brands just go away and die. We don't need another profiteering greedy electronics company.

Rasta

OnePlus were always under the OPPO umbrella because all the legal documentation in reference to OnePlus  presented back in 2014 had OPPOs name all over them

James McClellan

1. The article memo said nothing for the end of Oxygen OS. That's just stupid baiting. Stupidity at its finest.
2. Color OS sucks. So if Oxygen OS does go down then I'll never buy a OnePlus phone again. Ive owned 5 OnePlus Phones. The main reason I started buying them is because of Oxygen OS.
3. People complaining about the prices are idiots. If you want a lower prices OnePlus then purchase one. They make them. If you want all the bells and whistles you gotta pay some money for it. You're still paying Samsung and Apple prices, so quite your bitch'n.

KashtonTech

I've always known or have for several years anyway that OnePlus actually came to life after OPPO and has used OPPO factoies to produce OnePlus phones smartphones. I wondered how long that OnePlus would operate fully separate than OPPO given that they had been all along one and in the same minus software and I just know that Oxygen OS is the best Android offers and the most fluid most responsive OS made and it's so good that words aren't able to express or explain thus one truly has to have first hand user experience to understand and grasp just how well optimized and just how good and fluid it is. It's every bit as good if not better than IOS in my opinion. Haven said that, I highly doubt that OPPO OS color OS will take Oxygen OS's place, however they very well could be combined but even this is not likely. It's clear though the material of build of both OPPO and oneplus are equal in build and high end quality and what I see happening is they will combine build strong points but keep separate Opersting systems. OPPO has superior a superior camera system and that is clearly not oneplus's strong point comparatively speaking when amongst the likes of samsung, Apple and Google Pixel which is overrated I think but is within the top 3.  Clearly oneplus is at a crossroads if you will caught between the flagship killer that they should have remained and sustained this and kept their prices far enough below yet high enough to sustain their claim. What happened to OnePlus is they fail to the temptation that they saw to become simply another flagship and this has not worked out for them. The OnePlus 8 Pro is the last of the little bit left of the identity whom OnePlus used to be and the OnePlus 9 Pro which I want but won't because it's over priced and the camera system issues from 5 minutes max 4 and 8 k video recording that is there to prevent ongoing overheating issues to their failed attempts to collaborate with well known camera innovators that did not take them to that next level thus the merge I believe and I see as their best option for their now longterm success because it now allows them a onetime opportunity to wipe their slate clean and start over in a sense and have at their disposal OPPO to fill in their weaknesses and vice verse but as for the logistics that will be are for me hard to see as I think right now not even oneplus is sure or knows and that remains to be seen and right now it's impossible to even speculate as there is not any available insight. Thus the OnePlus Crossroad. It's something they could have avoided had they not gotten greedy. Big business = greed, money, power and market dictation.  The only tech company who is capable and allowed to operate as an illegal legally monopoly who exercises all the above is Apple in the US and no one else will or can oppose, they aren't allowed or will be bought to stay out. An entire other story. To conclude, I'm a huge oneplus fan and I even created and I operate my own OnePlus group forum on Facebook OnePlus Never Settle Offical Group that has grown to roughly 8 thousand members now and I'll be sharing this article there as OnePlus is in a very tough place. Caught in between the best and the upper midrange flagship best. The latter is where they should have remained and thus would have sustained far better than they do now

KashtonTech

I've always known or have for several years anyway that OnePlus actually came to life after OPPO and has used OPPO factoies to produce OnePlus phones smartphones. I wondered how long that OnePlus would operate fully separate than OPPO given that they had been all along one and in the same minus software and I just know that Oxygen OS is the best Android offers and the most fluid most responsive OS made and it's so good that words aren't able to express or explain thus one truly has to have first hand user experience to understand and grasp just how well optimized and just how good and fluid it is. It's every bit as good if not better than IOS in my opinion. Haven said that, I highly doubt that OPPO OS color OS will take Oxygen OS's place, however they very well could be combined but even this is not likely. It's clear though the material of build of both OPPO and oneplus are equal in build and high end quality and what I see happening is they will combine build strong points but keep separate Opersting systems. OPPO has superior a superior camera system and that is clearly not oneplus's strong point comparatively speaking when amongst the likes of samsung, Apple and Google Pixel which is overrated I think but is within the top 3.  Clearly oneplus is at a crossroads if you will caught between the flagship killer that they should have remained and sustained this and kept their prices far enough below yet high enough to sustain their claim. What happened to OnePlus is they fail to the temptation that they saw to become simply another flagship and this has not worked out for them. The OnePlus 8 Pro is the last of the little bit left of the identity whom OnePlus used to be and the OnePlus 9 Pro which I want but won't because it's over priced and the camera system issues from 5 minutes max 4 and 8 k video recording that is there to prevent ongoing overheating issues to their failed attempts to collaborate with well known camera innovators that did not take them to that next level thus the merge I believe and I see as their best option for their now longterm success because it now allows them a onetime opportunity to wipe their slate clean and start over in a sense and have at their disposal OPPO to fill in their weaknesses and vice verse but as for the logistics that will be are for me hard to see as I think right now not even oneplus is sure or knows and that remains to be seen and right now it's impossible to even speculate as there is not any available insight. Thus the OnePlus Crossroad. It's something they could have avoided had they not gotten greedy. Big business = greed, money, power and market dictation.  The only tech company who is capable and allowed to operate as an illegal legally monopoly who exercises all the above is Apple in the US and no one else will or can oppose, they aren't allowed or will be bought to stay out. An entire other story. To conclude, I'm a huge oneplus fan and I even created and I operate my own OnePlus group forum on Facebook OnePlus Never Settle Offical Group that has grown to roughly 8 thousand members now and I'll be sharing this article there as OnePlus is in a very tough place. Caught in between the best and the upper midrange flagship best. The latter is where they should have remained and thus would have sustained far better than they do now

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview