News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

More CUDA cores do not necessarily mean better performance for the Alienware m15 R5

Started by Redaktion, June 17, 2021, 00:56:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Dell may have enabled all possible CUDA cores on the Alienware m15 R5, but that has not necessarily improved GPU performance across the board. Instead, activating 10% more CUDA cores can reduce FPS in some games, albeit with reduced GPU temperatures.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/More-CUDA-cores-do-not-necessarily-mean-better-performance-for-the-Alienware-m15-R5.545958.0.html

Andrew Taylor

As an owner of a Dell device (G5 SE) that has seen severe and completely unnecessary performance regressions from some of the later BIOS releases, I don't trust Dell to do these things properly anymore.

_MT_

Quote from: Andrew Taylor on June 17, 2021, 15:40:42
As an owner of a Dell device (G5 SE) that has seen severe and completely unnecessary performance regressions from some of the later BIOS releases, I don't trust Dell to do these things properly anymore.
Isn't the wisdom (contained even in manuals) that you shouldn't update BIOS unless you are fixing a problem? Also known as don't fix it if it ain't broken. Not to defend Dell. Just saying that willy-nilly BIOS updates might not be the brightest idea.

Mario Zamora Rodriguez

This makes me think about returning my M15 R5. I can't fully comprehend how this is inferior to a Omen 15 Ryzen/3070 Q at 100 Max wattage.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview