News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Cheap $449 USD Lenovo IdeaPad 3 15 comes with latest 6-core AMD Ryzen 5 5500U CPU, 1080p display, and dual-channel 8 GB RAM

Started by Redaktion, June 09, 2021, 05:59:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The AMD Ryzen 5 processor rivals many flagship Intel-powered Ultrabooks retailing for twice the price. When compared to other sub $500 laptops, this Lenovo is easily one of the fastest.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Cheap-449-USD-Lenovo-IdeaPad-3-15-comes-with-latest-6-core-AMD-Ryzen-5-5500U-CPU-1080p-display-and-dual-channel-8-GB-RAM.544170.0.html

Daniel Ridenhour

If you upgrade the ram will you lose dual channel since it doesn't match the capacity of the soldered?   It seems there are a lot of powerful cpus in 8gb models hitting... is memory one of the things hit by the chip shortages/

DAVID salsero

Totally true. It is incredible that they do this to a laptop and it is always AMD to me it seems suspicious.
The best is built with intel and the worst with AMD and we all know that AMD's processors in laptops are better than those of Intel.
I want to see Zen3 + = DDR5 + RDNA2 + Pci 4.0 + USB4 + 6nm manufacturing :p

Sumbul Qureshi

From where I can purchase it?
Is it smart choice for graphics designers?
HOW MUCH SHIPMENT CHARGES FOR
PAKISTAN ?

Bruce Poole

My understanding is that when adding more RAM memory to the slot that is replaceable you can get up to 12GB or 20GB depending on if you add a *GB stick or 16GB stick in the rpelacebale 4GB slot.  Add that to the 4GB soldered ram to get to 12GB or 20GB  (4+8=12 or 4+16=20)  The ram will remain in dual channel up the first 8GB and the additional RAM beyond that will run in single channel mode. So upgrading to 12 or 20 will have a significant benefit to a 8GB configured stock laptop.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview