News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Fanciful Nintendo Switch Pro rumors encompass AMD rejection, Nvidia DLSS locking, Xbox Game Pass inclusion, and unavailable 120 fps at 720p capability

Started by Redaktion, June 08, 2021, 11:27:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

New rumors about a potential Nintendo Switch Pro console have come to light, and they include mention of AMD involvement, 5 nm manufacturing process, a faster GPU, possible DLSS limitations, Xbox Game Pass, and even 120 fps at 720p theoretical capability. Apparently, Switch Pro devkits have already been sent out to Nintendo's third-party game makers.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Fanciful-Nintendo-Switch-Pro-rumors-encompass-AMD-rejection-Nvidia-DLSS-locking-Xbox-Game-Pass-inclusion-and-unavailable-120-fps-at-720p-capability.544009.0.html

Russel

Makes no sense for nintendo to change from NVIDIA now that Nvidia got the ownership of ARM.
And rather than switch 'pro', shouldn't a switch 2 make more sense against ps5 and xbox series X?

RBD

Switch is built off Nvidia tech and patents, the chances of that random AMD rumor being true are 0.

Anonymous4676532579009854

Quote from: Russel on June 08, 2021, 15:26:39
Makes no sense for nintendo to change from NVIDIA now that Nvidia got the ownership of ARM.
And rather than switch 'pro', shouldn't a switch 2 make more sense against ps5 and xbox series X?

In that case it would be NES8 right? Also I really hope it's just called switch pro. Would make things more clear than the WiiU disaster. It's still going to be a kick in the nuts if the new games are not compatible with the core switch, but maybe they learned their lesson.

Honestly I would be happy with a "Joycon: functional edition"

PlayerN

Unless Nvidia's got some super secret SoC no one knows about, due to their stuff leaking all the time, I highly doubt a new Switch will have a 5nm Tegra chip.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview