News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Unreal 5’s Nanite system flexes its muscles in a jawdropping map, with billions of polygons onscreen

Started by Redaktion, June 07, 2021, 13:53:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Developer Melhem Sfeir demoed Unreal 5's Nanite technology by importing extremely high detail environment assets - several billion polygon's worth - into a scene. Remarkably his GeForce RTX 3070 was able to deliver smooth framerates at 1440p.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Unreal-5-s-Nanite-system-flexes-its-muscles-in-a-jawdropping-map-with-billions-of-polygons-onscreen.543601.0.html

Sasha J. l.

Great. I'm sure these extra pixels/vertices make ALL the difference - when you're looking at a bunch of ugly, sterile landscapes.

Spunjji

Quote from: Sasha J. l. on June 07, 2021, 15:05:49
Great. I'm sure these extra pixels/vertices make ALL the difference - when you're looking at a bunch of ugly, sterile landscapes.

I must admit I had similar thoughts. Having that much detail will result in an uncanny valley if all those pebbles turn out to be inert! I wonder what could be achieved in terms of physics modelling at that frame-rate...

DerChecker

so great, instead of adding polygons to the stones how about making the birds look realistic and natural. Same goes for the game actors. they all hover over the ground in unrealistic movements. you want better looking games, work on object interaction not polygon count

TruthIsThere

We already knew that the next-gen engines will bring enhanced fidelity but I see a lot of microstuttering, camera delay, no real destructible tech, no AI enhanced NPCs functionality demoed, water-puddles geometry response to rain, debris or footsteps, will meta-human be injected in UE5 and if so, how will it effect performance and environment and so many other unanswered questions.

As of today that has been showcased by UE5, it still can't outperform Unity Heretic: VFX real-time rendering that was showcased over 2-years-old. (3/19)

Sascha L. i.

Quote from: TruthIsThere on June 07, 2021, 16:24:09
no AI enhanced NPCs functionality
You see this? This is what happens when you substitute EDUCATION with scrolling through buzzwords on Twitter.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview