News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Daring Nintendo Switch Pro price tag leaked by retailer with new Switch hardware listings and pre-orders apparently incoming

Started by Redaktion, June 03, 2021, 20:28:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A price tag and potential pre-order information have been leaked in regard to the new Nintendo Switch hardware. The console, which is still tentatively known as the Nintendo Switch Pro, has a true next-gen console price tag to go along with its rumored high-end specs. According to one leak, fans may need to start emptying bank accounts within days.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Daring-Nintendo-Switch-Pro-price-tag-leaked-by-retailer-with-new-Switch-hardware-listings-and-pre-orders-apparently-incoming.543048.0.html

Erik

Do you call a 70€ price hike daring? AMD went and raised the price from the 200$ of the 3600 to the 300$ of the 5600X (deleting in the process the non X version for us peasant builders) and it's still selling like hotcakes... It really depends on what they're offering, but if the rumours about DLSS and 4K the price tag probably would make sense.

r31ya

Its a placeholder pricing,
considering Nintento focus on affordability i doubt they will be unwise enough to sell it more than $450.

the current price line up with my early guess is that'll be sold at either $399 (or at most $449)
That way, Switch lite $200, Switch normal $300, Switch Pro $400.

And why its line up? because you can't simply convert Euro to USD to get the proper USD region pricing estimate. 
This site knew about it and intentionally avoid mentioning it to get clickbait article. Why i know they knew? because they intentional remove PS5 euro pricing.
PS5 is sold for 399 USD and 399 EUR. This should give you good idea how much switch will cost in USD region (if you believe that placeholder pricing).

DanL

Quote from: r31ya on June 04, 2021, 02:33:10
Its a placeholder pricing,
considering Nintento focus on affordability i doubt they will be unwise enough to sell it more than $450.

the current price line up with my early guess is that'll be sold at either $399 (or at most $449)
That way, Switch lite $200, Switch normal $300, Switch Pro $400.

And why its line up? because you can't simply convert Euro to USD to get the proper USD region pricing estimate. 
This site knew about it and intentionally avoid mentioning it to get clickbait article. Why i know they knew? because they intentional remove PS5 euro pricing.
PS5 is sold for 399 USD and 399 EUR. This should give you good idea how much switch will cost in USD region (if you believe that placeholder pricing).

the original $300 switch is getting replaced by the new model.  $399 is a bit higher than the price targets I saw, it's aiming for $349.99 to $379.99.  don't expect a huge performance boost, but it will have much flexibility to run at higher resolutions (1440p dlss on soc + 4k upscaler built into new dock) and run at lower resolutions but higher framerates with dlss upscaling to 1080.  This requires developers to push patches though.   Controllers are unchanged, same joycons as before.  Same drift issues.  There's simply no potentiaometers on the market that fit in controllers and don't suffer from issues.

Vaardu

These articles don't feel like they're real to me. I'm pretty sure Nintendo has already said they're not doing an upgraded Switch.

Corey

Poorly researched and poorly written article.  It's as if you are literally trying to make something out of nothing just to make yourself sound relevant. Sad.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview