News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Goodbye, Alienware m17: Alienware x17 is the newer, sleeker kid on the block

Started by Redaktion, June 01, 2021, 11:02:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The ultrathin 17.3-inch Alienware x17 integrates vapor chamber cooling, Dell's in-house liquid metal formula, and four individual fans for a starting price of $2099 USD when it launches on June 15. The system ushers in a new era of Alienware where thin and light may soon take priority over the traditionally thick and bulky Alienware designs.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Goodbye-Alienware-m17-Alienware-x17-is-the-newer-sleeker-kid-on-the-block.541589.0.html

ariliquin

Re Intel only: "...CPU roadmap was more concrete at the time...."

What a joke, AMD roadmap has been more predictable and consistent than Intel. Dell just didn't believe in the market, they are still struggling to come to terms with the demand shift and banked on 11th Gen Intel being in highest demand. I don't think they predicted the support for AMD that has materialised.

Kale

Error in the display options; its a 4k display and not a QHD display unfortunately (what's currently available to pre-order for $3849)

Kale

Quote from: Kale on June 02, 2021, 01:22:04
Error in the display options; its a 4k display and not a QHD display unfortunately (what's currently available to pre-order for $3849)
*17.3" UHD (3840 x 2160) 120Hz 4ms, anti-glare, 100% Adobe, 500 nits, wide-viewing angle*
Not even IPS. Very disappointed in the display options.

nirmal vishal

I still don't understand the logic behind the 1440p screen with 240hz on a 15 inch model but no 2k 240hz display on a 17inch model. Gaming on a 17inch is always a blessing when compared to 15inch they should reconsider this, they spent years building this and they miss out on something so important.

Moreover even for productivity( desktop replacement) 2k is a lot more convenient I have a mac book pro 13inch and its soo much more better to get things done here because of the resolution which is not so crampy.

I would definitely buy the 17inch with 1440p@240hz over 1080@360hz as you can clearly see the low pixel density on a 17inch with 1080p.

Imagine playing a game like apex on a 2k resolution with 200+ fps you can see enemy's from really far and can track you shots without struggling. Most people these days prefer playing E-sport titles. Apex, cod, cs go, val and so on. And I am sure tweaking the in-game settings to medium or low would easily give you that fps boost.

Still confused if I should choose the x15 or x17 for a game like apex. I want no compromise as I got stuck with a 60hz gaming laptop got it right before 144hz era started and I feel I got left out on so much.
tweaking the settings to medium

Hope this makes sense to all the readers here.

Spunjji

Quote from: Kale on June 02, 2021, 01:35:33
Quote from: Kale on June 02, 2021, 01:22:04
*17.3" UHD (3840 x 2160) 120Hz 4ms, anti-glare, 100% Adobe, 500 nits, wide-viewing angle*
Not even IPS. Very disappointed in the display options.

WVA is the non-branded term for IPS. There's only one manufacturer I'm aware of that that produces that panel and they don't use the IPS branding, but it's definitely IPS quality.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview