News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung Galaxy Tab S8, Galaxy Tab S8+ and Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra prices and specifications revealed by a new leak

Started by Redaktion, May 29, 2021, 11:00:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Samsung will reportedly launch three tablets as a part of its Galaxy Tab S8 series. The maxed-out Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra has some interesting specs, such as a 14.6-inch OLED screen clocked at 120Hz, a 12,000mAh battery, and two front-facing cameras. Its 5G variant could retail at 1,669,000(US$1,498).

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-S8-Galaxy-Tab-S8-and-Galaxy-Tab-S8-Ultra-prices-and-specifications-revealed-by-a-new-leak.541574.0.html

Mark Brackley

Jesus, Samsung must be drinking liters of kool-aid with these prices. That's just absurd for Android tablets really.. I doubt that they sold enough S7+ tablets for $900 to justify another YoY increase in pricing..

Anon456

Samsung must be crazy asking that much for an Android tablet, even if it's a flagship. You can actually get a good, slim laptop for that money. Or an iPad.
Besides the oled screen, there's nothing special about it.

Bad times

In Norway,  the Samsung Galaxy Book Pro(elkjop.no)has a 25% discount and the stores have just started to sell Galaxy Book Pro. Everyone is probably waiting for Apple products, better price, better performance.

thayagarajan

I do not think , Samsung products are worth for the TAG these days
Best example is S21 Ultra.
I use a S7+LTE. It has heating issue. never sorted out even by service center. Product is good but service was poor. For the price they take from us, the service should be that good. After sale Service is worst with Samsung..
I picked up S21 ultra and got disappointed and got to sell the same with in a week. Now I have moved to Apple. No regrets .
No matter what Samsung do, they can't reach Apple's quality and after sale service. Though Apple is pricy , its worth.   I am not a hard core fan of Apple. But SAMSUNG"s quality and service has gone down.(Till 2019 it was at least ok) i believe.
I am very sure, TAB S8 will be a big disappointment for Samsung  lovers Still want to buy, go in for TAB S7+ if heating is not a big deal.

Dorby

Until Google decides to work on Android instead of pushing ChromeOS, Android Tablets will always remain 10 steps behind the iPad.

When you can run Android at maximum throttle on a $300 Chinese tablet, there's no point in getting a $1,200 Samsung Tab S8, until it can actually replace a $1,200 2-in-1 laptop.

Roowi

That much money for an Android tablet? What can you possibly do on Android that would be worth this much? I'm not even sure that Android is getting any more attention from developers now that Apple's silicon is taking off and ChromeOS is the official google alternative. On top of that, MS is continuing to push their ARM distros.

Anon456

Quote from: thayagarajan on May 29, 2021, 17:54:05
I use a S7+LTE. It has heating issue.

That's disappointing. I was looking to buy the S7+ 5G for the screen. I find the smaller 11" S7 ideal for my usage, but it's got an LCD display. It's all about the deep blacks since I consume media in low light env.
Any other issues you had with it?

Digitalguy

TAB S7+ here. Absolutely zero heating issues here. Never heard of this from anyone. The tablet is as cold as my iPad pro. Don't take as widespread issue something reported by a random guy online....

WinTab

Raiko

Quote from: Dorby on May 29, 2021, 19:39:40
Until Google decides to work on Android instead of pushing ChromeOS, Android Tablets will always remain 10 steps behind the iPad.

When you can run Android at maximum throttle on a $300 Chinese tablet, there's no point in getting a $1,200 Samsung Tab S8, until it can actually replace a $1,200 2-in-1 laptop.

Samsung tablets have been advancing by leaps over the years and my s7 plus is already a fantastic machine with access to multiple app sources, emulators, proot Linux installs, mature multi app choices,dex mode, bixby routines,good lock etc etc.

Ipads are powerful but caged by a purposely limited os so the extra power doesn't mean much. Also no a cheap tablet cannot for a second have 4-10 apps on screen if you have some crazy work flow while also wirelessly dexing a whole different workspace to another screen.

Androids come a looong way from whatever it is you're envisioning.

Dorby

Quote from: Dorby on May 29, 2021, 19:39:40
Androids come a looong way from whatever it is you're envisioning.
Maybe, but Android is not yet a desktop OS, and faaaar from a perfect tablet OS. An iPad may not have Dex, but it has good apps and devs who support the platform.

People who do what you do on an Android Tablet is <0.0001%. Last time I had an Android tablet, I watched movies, browsed internet, read books, and handwrote journals. That's what I mean when I say you can do the same thing on a $300 tablet with a mid-range SoC.

iPad Pro and Tab S8 are both priced like Tablet PCs. Neither are PCs atm, but the iPad has more potential for to be one in the near future.

Mike Hunt

Apple fanboy faggots. Don't you all have something better to do like playing bingo with your mom upstairs

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview