News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

12.9-inch iPad Pro mini-LED display is as custom as its M1 SoC, but early issues have emerged

Started by Redaktion, May 26, 2021, 11:39:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Apple has detailed the technology behind the new mini-LED display found on the new iPad Pro 12.9-inch model. Like Apple's custom A-series chips, the new panel is a custom Apple design and features proprietary algorithms to help it function. However, some users have also been reporting blooming issues that the new tech was supposed to minimize.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/12-9-inch-iPad-Pro-mini-LED-display-is-as-custom-as-its-M1-SoC-but-early-issues-have-emerged.540770.0.html

agnstodds

All these Pictures are much exaggerate. I have both 2020 ipad pro and the new M1 Ipad pro. The screen is for sure better on the new one. The black levels are almost on par with OLED and it gets much brighter than OLED. Now if you want to sit in complete darkness with the brightness all the way up with an image that pretty much just shows black and white you can see a little (and I mean little) blooming, It more looks like the light coming off the white being illuminated because its so bright. just be careful not to hurt your eyes with the brightness, haha.
In my opinion it's a great technology that is being exaggerated on the internet with photos taken with smartphones.

Tim apple

The blooming is real and i sure hope something can be tweaked through software although not expecting. Its dark mode safari empty page or netflix login where the blooming is most visible and its really bad in the dark. And im not sure if it varies between ipads perhaps some people just dont know what to look at. The youtube black tests literally turn the backlight on the video screen on my device so that doesnt really count.
Id even rather have the backlight in those conditions like the old ipads just so it wouldn't look like part of the UI

Also theres some shadowing around the edges of the screen the whole time but personally doesn't annoy me that much.

In any other conditions the screen is pretty cool

Tim apple

Quote from: agnstodds on May 26, 2021, 12:37:26
All these Pictures are much exaggerate. I have both 2020 ipad pro and the new M1 Ipad pro. The screen is for sure better on the new one. The black levels are almost on par with OLED and it gets much brighter than OLED. Now if you want to sit in complete darkness with the brightness all the way up with an image that pretty much just shows black and white you can see a little (and I mean little) blooming, It more looks like the light coming off the white being illuminated because its so bright. just be careful not to hurt your eyes with the brightness, haha.
In my opinion it's a great technology that is being exaggerated on the internet with photos taken with smartphones.

Id say the photos dont show enough of it at night conditions when eyes get used to the dark. The blooming is real and its bad. At night

Anonymousgg

The Apple shill army got here fast.

Mini-LED dimming zones: OK for TVs, garbage for tablets/text

Daniel Blaney

Local dimming unfortunately makes it pretty much impossible to have a color accurate display as the blooming affect also messes up the brightness of colors.

Jim Sproul

Quote from: Alessandro Pino on May 26, 2021, 12:07:13
just turn all the backlight on in dark mode and it's solved

So if one dim headlight bulb is broken then turn on the brights and call it fixed.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview