News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel Core i5-11400H vs AMD Ryzen 5 5600H: Tiger Lake roars but Cezanne paints a much better picture for now in CPU-Z benchmark comparison

Started by Redaktion, May 24, 2021, 11:07:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The new Intel Core i5-11400H laptop processor has turned up on CPU-Z Validator, and while the Tiger Lake chip certainly performed well, it seems like more can be expected from it in future. At the moment, the i5-11400H didn't really disturb the AMD Ryzen 5 5600H in either the single-thread test or the multithread run.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-i5-11400H-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-5600H-Tiger-Lake-roars-but-Cezanne-paints-a-much-better-picture-for-now-in-CPU-Z-benchmark-comparison.540757.0.html

Cenior

It's becoming embarrassing to see news medias propping up random results without a hint of validation of the underlying scenario.

When it comes to laptop, the cpu is merely one component. Pair it with a crappy cooler and memory, and you get crappy results.
It that's all it takes to produce an unbalanced scenario against competition, then it shouldn't be advertised front page as a "Big News". Instead, it deserves to be classified as "mostly irrelevant".

This "freedom to distort reality" by creating click-baity titles for short-term profits is exactly why more and more readers are inclined to distrust news organizations. Rightfully so.

James Humphrey

I agree, especially considering 11400 is an entry level part costing 1/2 the price of an AMD 5600. I would gladly take the $200 savings vs slightly better performance.

Synthesis

Quote from: James Humphrey on May 25, 2021, 02:19:32
I agree, especially considering 11400 is an entry level part costing 1/2 the price of an AMD 5600. I would gladly take the $200 savings vs slightly better performance.

You realize that these are the mobile versions and neither are considered entry correct? The 11400 isn't the same as the 11400H. The 5600 isn't the same as the 4600H. Hell, the 11400 is even a different lithography node than the 11400H.

a94

Quote from: James Humphrey on May 25, 2021, 02:19:32

This is mobile cpu, sold as whole laptop lol. Not your retail 11400 or 5600. Even 11400 desktop vs 11400h mobile is different node and architecture

R31ya

There is price difference (intel cheaper)
There is core count difference (4 x 6)
Which lead to significant multicore performance difference.
But there is also gaming performance difference (while amd better at productivity and multi tasking, if all you do is gaming intel have enough performance)
There also tdp difference

You need to paint complete picture

Amigo

Quote from: R31ya on May 26, 2021, 04:39:59
There is price difference (intel cheaper)
There is core count difference (4 x 6)
Which lead to significant multicore performance difference.
But there is also gaming performance difference (while amd better at productivity and multi tasking, if all you do is gaming intel have enough performance)
There also tdp difference

You need to paint complete picture

Wrong!
Intel core i5 11400H is 6 core 12 thread laptop processor with 45W tdp, competitor to AMD 5600H and trails in performance as per CPU-Z benchmarks.

Laptops having either of these processors will be priced similarly, depending on brands, series n discrete graphics options.

Please read article carefully before commenting!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview