News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55 Laptop Review - Price-to-performance champ with an RTX 3060

Started by Redaktion, May 24, 2021, 00:10:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

While laptops with an RTX 3080 offer a whole lot of performance, they are often chunky and can get really hot, which is not something that everybody wants. The Acer Nitro 5, on the other hand, is for those who are looking for a low-priced portable gaming laptop.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Nitro-5-AN515-55-Laptop-Review-Price-to-performance-champ-with-an-RTX-3060.540607.0.html

RB15 Owner

This is a bit of a letdown performance-wise, since you can get >7400 points on Time Spy Graphics from a 2070 non-super Max-Q (90W) with an overclock in MSI Afterburner with just a few clicks (let alone BIOS modding). Plus you get 2 more gigs of VRAM. Much better RTX 3060s are out there, probably those with ~100W TGPs or more.

Also would appreciate if there were more games with standardized benchmark runs (Shadow of the Tomb Raider, AC Valhalla) for an easy apples-to-apples comparison (Cyberpunk 2077, Witcher 3 etc.).

Hanzzz

It would be useful if you could add to the "fan noise" section information about noise when laptop works in the quiet mode.
Also you could record e.g. a 10 second audio sample of fan noise. That way readers could listen to different audio samples from different reviews and compare relative loudness and sound profiles of different laptops. 

CmdrEvil

This CPU 10300h is a quad core, not hexa core processor. That's why it's got poor multi threaded performance.

Artjoms Starcikovs

I think for 1k its a bargain, considering desktop 3060 version is around same price point :D As for performance we all know that geforces bloom with drivers, rtx 2060-2070 werent as fast as they are now on start.

Spunjji

Quote from: Artjoms Starcikovs on May 24, 2021, 13:39:16
I think for 1k its a bargain, considering desktop 3060 version is around same price point :D As for performance we all know that geforces bloom with drivers, rtx 2060-2070 werent as fast as they are now on start.

Ampere has a relatively weak performance improvement over Turing at 1080p, so it's never going to perform its best with this display, let alone with such a low-rent quad-core CPU behind it. I think this design entails a false economy.

Fernando

Hi, there is a new vBios for update RTX 3060 to 95w, I have nitro 5 i7 RTX 3060 AN515-5, donwloaded from Acer Support Page.

Nikolajs Trubacovs

Quote from: Fernando on May 24, 2021, 21:32:36
Hi, there is a new vBios for update RTX 3060 to 95w, I have nitro 5 i7 RTX 3060 AN515-5, donwloaded from Acer Support Page.

Hi! very interesting, could you tell me please what is the bios version? i could not find that kind of bios on acer support page, that says about 95w on gpu.

Artjoms Starcikovs

Power supply is only 180w, and everytime i play Velorant or any other game, laptop starts to leech power from battery that means it uses more then 180w as in review said... 190w aprox. So there is no freaking way acer would up the gpu by 10w... it would be a disaster.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview