News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Tuxedo Infinity Book Pro 14 Linux laptop launched with 3K LTPS LCD display option and Tiger Lake-U CPUs

Started by Redaktion, May 21, 2021, 14:51:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The new 14-inch Linux-based business laptop from Tuxedo weighs around 2.2 lbs and is fairly thin. CPU options include the i5-1135G7 and i7-1165G7 Tiger Lake-U CPUs with Iris Xe iGPUs, which can be coupled with up to 64 GB of DDR4 RAM and up to 4 TB of PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD storage. This model is among the first to offer a 3K display with LTPS LCD technology that is usually seen on smartphones.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Tuxedo-Infinity-Book-Pro-14-Linux-laptop-launched-with-3K-LTPS-LCD-display-option-and-Tiger-Lake-U-CPUs.540359.0.html

Rick

Have a look at the mainboard. It seems it is fitted for but not with a dGPU + second fan.
A little laptop like that, with a 3K display and a 3050 dGPU....

Nathan Chere

I was excited to see this and went to Tuxedo's site to check it out. Became even more excited when I saw a physical mouse button on the touch pad and went to order... before realising I was looking at a previous generation model. Sadly they've gone down the touchpad-only road... if not for that, everything else about their configuration options and pricing is quite impressive.

asdjfkljsdf

I wanna like but what is the deal with barrel plug port? Is it some kind of old hardware reused?

devin

This looks very decent for a niche Linux laptop. 3K is the best resolution for 14" with 2x scaling.

huh

Always the critics here.

A business-oriented notebook with 3K 16:10 screen? Looks great to me. Mind you, I want to see a review before purchase.

Dorby

Agree on the Linux Tax. Same AMD model from this ODM starts at only $800, goes up to Ryzen 5800H CPU with the same display.

Lin Baden

Quote from: Dorby on May 22, 2021, 13:22:38
Agree on the Linux Tax. Same AMD model from this ODM starts at only $800, goes up to Ryzen 5800H CPU with the same display.

Any link to the same Infinity Book Pro 14 but with Amd? Looked into all of Tuxedo's laptops but couldn't find the Amd equivalent. Also looked into Clevo's laptops thinking that they are the ones who made this body ( and Tuxedo just rebranded it ) but no luck.

Dorby

Quote from: Lin Baden on May 23, 2021, 14:11:03
Quote from: Dorby on May 22, 2021, 13:22:38

Any link to the same Infinity Book Pro 14 but with Amd? Looked into all of Tuxedo's laptops but couldn't find the Amd equivalent. Also looked into Clevo's laptops thinking that they are the ones who made this body ( and Tuxedo just rebranded it ) but no luck.
In my country they sell 2 models that I think are Tonfang chassis, both come with Ryzen 5600H and 5800H option.
14 inch one is 1.1 kg with a 50Wh battery, and the 15 inch is 1.5 kg with a 90Wh battery, both certified for linux, starting at $800.

There's also a cheaper 15" model with 5500U and 5700U option and a smaller 50Wh battery in the same 1.5 kg chassis that's around $650.

Not sure if Tonfang sell these outside of Asia.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview