News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

ADATA XPG Xenia Xe Review: The Tiger Lake Laptop Designed By Intel

Started by Redaktion, May 19, 2021, 20:10:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Swap the Core H CPU in the Dell XPS 15 for a Core U CPU and you end up with the ADATA XPG Xenia Xe, more or less. Results are quite impressive for a 15.6-inch multimedia laptop powered by nothing more than an ULV CPU.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/ADATA-XPG-Xenia-Xe-Review-The-Tiger-Lake-Laptop-Designed-By-Intel.539742.0.html

GardenGnomeAdvice

Get a load of that subtitle: "Can Intel actually make a good laptop?"
I guess?.. What even prompted you, dear copywriter, to land that insult in the first place, - esp. given the fact that Intel's mini PCs & mobos are UNIVERSALLY beloved?
They've a track record of design innovation excellence; surely, they'll manage a standard clamshell all right?

jessebb22

anon

I am adoring these newer laptops with 1 type-C and 1 type A on each side. This allows for so much more flexibility, and for a while only the razer blade stealth with its stubby shift key had it.

Spunji

Odd conclusions on this one... it trumpets the power efficiency and performance combination of this 40W+ "ULV" CPU, but the the perf/watt of solutions using the GTX 1650 is higher under realistic gaming loads (as opposed to a power virus) - The Zenbook, for example, offers slightly more than 50% more performance for just over 40% more power even though it's stuck with a 14nm CPU. It would do better with a modern CPU, and yet it still gets longer battery life in practice... so much for the power advantages of Xe.

I'm also amazed that this CPU can be considered ULV just because of marketing, even as it pulls down ~50W under load.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview