News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Alienware appears to be mismarketing the Aurora AMD Ryzen 5000 systems in favor of the R12 Intel Rocket Lake ones

Started by Redaktion, May 13, 2021, 22:18:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

intel seems to be a little more subversive than usual with the latest anti-AMD marketing ploys, as demonstrated by Alienware with the Aurora R10 AMD Ryzen 5000 systems that appear to be mismarketed in favor of the R12 Intel Rocket Lake models.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Alienware-appears-to-be-mismarketing-the-Aurora-AMD-Ryzen-5000-systems-in-favor-of-the-R12-Intel-Rocket-Lake-ones.539290.0.html

JayN

Wereweeb

Quote from: JayN on May 13, 2021, 23:29:05
AMD's Alienware laptops use Ryzen 9 5900HX, which has no pcie4, according to the spec I see.

Did you also see the giant image of an Alienware desktop on this article, or that the article is explicitly talking about Alienware Aurora R10, R11 and R12 desktop systems?

Qyygle

"Could all this be Alienware'sDell's incompetence, or is Intel somehow involved in these practices? The truth is out there, somewhere."

Why not both? At this point, I'd not be amazed by either Intel's fingering of OEMs nor Dell's laziness at having to do things other than try to sell you 'a warranty to go with that?' for the 8th time in a row.
Didn't you know? Dell's in the market of warranty scams, not a computer hardware company.

Rexolaboy

If anyone has looked into this, I'd like to point out an other very big discrepancy between the r10 ryzen edition and r12.

The r10 requires a 1000 watt PSU to select the rx 6800 xt, while the r12 only requires the 550 watt PSU to do the same. The cost is significantly lower for the same basic configuration

1.lowest tier cpu
2.single dimm of ddr4 3200 8gb
3.rx 6800xt
4.1tb HDD
5.dark side of the moon chassis with PSU
6.basic wifi
7. No keyboard/mouse

R12 = $1577.79

R10 Ryzen Edition = $1714.99

Engineers can't sell

Ryzen systems are cheaper. Dell is simply appealing to the budget conscious gamer by showing more affordable configurations. And since Ryzen is always cheaper than Intel, that's the system they're going to show.

If they showed downgraded Intel configurations, there would still be sticker shock.

No one researches their gaming systems on the manufacturer's website anyway. Chances are, customers already know what they're looking for on the Alienware page.

Rexolaboy

Quote from: Engineers can't sell on May 15, 2021, 13:12:03
Ryzen systems are cheaper. Dell is simply appealing to the budget conscious gamer by showing more affordable configurations. And since Ryzen is always cheaper than Intel, that's the system they're going to show.

I believe you are mistaken, Alienware is charging more for the R10 that's similar in specification to the r12 by not offering the same options.

Jeff Murray

I had to contact the chat Rep to get a link to the 5950x and 3090 page.  To Dell's credit, they price matched a better configured PC by IBPower but upgrading the Dell and price matching it,  But, to the point,, the R10 I wanted was not public-I had to use a link provided by the Rep.

PositiffOutlook

And the lunacy continues. Does NCC (NotebookCheCk) = CNN? "Stab in the back" theory, "targeted harassment of AMD", "willful incompetence" (!!), and everyone's favorite - OEM's "throttling" of AMD chips.
Tune in @ 9:00 PM for more! Don't forget your tinfoil hat.
Ugh.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview