News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Crypto miners could soon flood Ebay with cheap CPUs, motherboards and SSDs acquired via GPU bundle purchases

Started by Redaktion, May 13, 2021, 20:23:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Online retailers have been trying to enforce special policies to prevent crypto miners and scalpers from wiping out GPU stocks in not time. GPUs are now usually bundled along CPUs, motherboards or SSDs, but crypto miners are obviously not interested in any of these, so they are expected to dump all non-GPU components at low prices on Ebay.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Crypto-miners-could-soon-flood-Ebay-with-cheap-CPUs-motherboards-and-SSDs-acquired-via-GPU-bundle-purchases.539289.0.html

Adam West

Quote from: Bidibulle on May 14, 2021, 12:45:41
I dont buy used.

Where are gpu, who hoards sillicone worldwide

Who cares if you do or don't? 

It isn't a binary thing.  Billions of people buy things used.  Billions of people buy some things used and somethings new.  And, no doubt, billions of people don't buy used.  Your statement conveys no new information and is inherently self evident.

no_name

At this point, literally anyone will buy these combos and sell what be they don't need.

At the end of the day, combos are cheaper than scalper prices on eBay.

Don't forget about scalpers buying the combos and marking up the GPUs so much they don't even need to sell the combo component!

AndyChow

It's not used. These are unopened boxes from bundles.

Can't say I blame miners. I can make $200 USD per month mining on my RX 480. The card cost me $240 when it came 4-5 years ago.

So yeah, everything is crazy right now.

Tothemoon

"In order to prevent scalpers and crypto miners from immediately depleting the entire GPU stock..."

Bundles haven't prevented them from immediately depleting the stock fyi.

It

"In order to prevent scalpers and crypto miners from immediately depleting the entire GPU stock..."
___
BS Freddy terds are trying to get rid of stock at higher price they care less about miners buying GPU
Bundles haven't prevented them from immediately depleting the stock

RamdomMiner

I don't know any GPU miners that dont also mine with their CPU on a different algorithm.  The optimal setup is to mine with the CPU & GPU at the same time.  You will see some additional SSD's & CPU's for sale but it won't be some massive dump.

R. Morgan

So you are a miner and you are in a business to make a profit, you now have items available from bundles for you to sell at 100% profit - and you expect that they would be in a hurry ( because we all know the silicon shortage is almost over - right?) and sell for less than market ?  There is no single electronic item that either has not or will not be affected as a minimum  by availability. So standby for lots of great computer hardware cheap IMO just does not make sense. 

Bobby mcgee

Amd and nividia is selling gpus directly to miners in china
It's the scalpers here that will be dumping motherboards. From Tom's hardware any sensible miner will use aisc machine rather than gpus

The Antminer E9 reportedly delivers an Ethereum hash rate up to 3 GH/s, equivalent to 32 Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 (Ampere) graphics cards mining in unison. If Bitmain delivers on its promise, the Antminer E9 will be the fastest ASIC miner available and even outperform Linzhi's Phoenix Ethash ASIC miner that delivers up to 2,600 MH/s.

Matt jake

I had an old hard drive with Bitcoin on it that I mined months ago. Unfortunately, when I tried to get it up and running again, the data was corrupted. Webghost33 via telegram helped me to recover the Bitcoin I had in it even after I thought it was all gone. My old investment paid off big time and I was able to reap the rewards thanks to this recovery agency.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview