News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The GPD Win Max receives an update to Intel Tiger Lake and AMD Ryzen 4000 processors

Started by Redaktion, May 12, 2021, 15:44:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

GPD has upgraded the Win Max Mini, one of its handheld gaming PCs. The Win Max Mini 2021 will soon be available with Intel Tiger Lake and AMD Ryzen 4000 processors, which should both have improved gaming performance compared to last year's model.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-GPD-Win-Max-receives-an-update-to-Intel-Tiger-Lake-and-AMD-Ryzen-4000-processors.539155.0.html

MOFO

John Doe

I bought the Win Max last year and really love this little UMPC. After seeing the performance increase (especially in games due to the new Xe graphics) of the GPD Win 3 with Tiger Lake over the Win Max all I wanted was a hardware refresh, but I was SURE I would have to buy a completely new Win Max for that.

I have to really commend GPD for the giving us the option to just buy the motherboard and upgrade our existing device.

Handheld (gaming) PCs are a super niche market and I would have totally understood if they sold this as the Win Max 2 or something like that, so hats of to GPD for this support and flexibility.

Agent

I have GDP Win Max sitting right next to me, it has smaller screen and bigger bezels than what is pictured on the render. The chassis has space for 10" screen, 8" looks to small on that chassis.

okidoki

Already have the Win max and waiting for Aya.
The Max is really nice but as a gaming device it has a few flaws:
- Absurd placement of speakers - at the bottom/backplate of the unit, exactly under the hands during handheld use
- Screen is very reflective, huge bezels (+screen is not as good as in prev models like in GPD MicroPC or the GPD XD+)
- Not very comfortable to hold

The mainboard upgrade option sounds dumb since it is probably 2/3 of the price. You're better off selling your old unit and buying Max2 instead.

AngeLodi

I had the GPD Win 1 (rev2) and I realized that I'll just wait for the technology to catch up (like a high refresh rate monitor and the capacity to supply the necessary  FPS) before I'll buy another one.

Or If another OEM company comes up with an 11 inch laptop with >120hz monitor and minimum 1660ti gfx perf.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview