News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Xiaomi may have silently stopped sending updates to the Mi A2 and Mi A2 Lite

Started by Redaktion, May 11, 2021, 21:22:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Mi A2 and Mi A2 Lite were released in mid-2018. Following traditional Android One standards, both phones are entitled to three years of security updates in total; for some reason, however, the Mi A2 and Mi A2 Lite have now gone months without an update from Xiaomi.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Xiaomi-may-have-silently-stopped-sending-updates-to-the-Mi-A2-and-Mi-A2-Lite.538094.0.html

Anonym

It would be the final nail in Xiaomi's credibility if they did not comply with the terms of the Android One program: two years major upgrades (expired) and three years of security updates (still ticking).

We have a major vulnerability in the Qualcomm modem that needs to be patched, there is no way Xiaomi can pretend there are no security updates to be made.

Paul Roux

I noticed that my cheap Nokia 1 got two updates since my Mi A2 last had one. Bye bye Xiaomi, back to Nokia I go.

Anderson

I have a Mi A2 and received the security update of April normally.
The point is that Google had left Android One program to die: Computerworld published an interesting article about that (see "What the hell is happening with Android One?" in their page)
So, I think that it is not only Xiaomi's fault.
And yes, they are pushing us to buy a new phone, we all know that... but, unfortunately for them, I'm still satisfied with my phone.

Rossi46

I not received security updates on my Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite for 2 years. I'm very disappointed.

Adi

I don't care about their update. Since the last official update, my phone remains the same, it has the worst ram management. It keeps killing my app in recent apps. So I decided to use custom ROM from then, and it's performing at its best from then.

David Parreira

Thomas vrz

I have April security update on my mi a2 I don't understand why you said that. I have 3 years now this amazing phone and I am getting all updates, its like a pixel literally with this clean os.

shtr

Most importantly Xiaomi broke rule of 90 days for security patch age. They should get some penalty from Google for this, otherwise no OEM will ever care to update anything.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview