News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Alienware teases brand-new X-series compact gaming laptops with innovative quad fan cooling system and Gallium Silicone interface material

Started by Redaktion, May 11, 2021, 13:02:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The upcoming Alienware X17 compact gaming laptops will feature a couple of industry's first solutions, including the Element 31 thermal interface material made of a Gallium Silicone matrix for improved heat transfer and a quad fan cooling system. The press release also mentions 11th gen Intel CPUs and RTX 3000 GPUs, while the teaser images reveal a Thunderbolt 4 connector on the back, plus a 16:9 display.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Alienware-teases-brand-new-X-series-compact-gaming-laptops-with-innovative-quad-fan-cooling-system-and-Gallium-Silicone-interface-material.537984.0.html

Spunjji

This cooling system looks really well engineered. Can't wait to see what it can do, and I hope they roll it out across more of the range in future!

ZODD

After reading the title I was getting  excited of the possibility of AW making another 13"-14" laptop only to look away in disappointment.
They really need to bring back the 13" model with OLED display.

vertigo

Quote from: ZODD on May 11, 2021, 16:40:39
After reading the title I was getting  excited of the possibility of AW making another 13"-14" laptop only to look away in disappointment.

Agreed. Thin != compact. While relatively compact compared to typical, bulky laptops of this size, a 17" laptop is not compact, regardless of how thin it is. That said, it's pretty impressive that they managed to fit everything they did in this thing and keep it that thin, and if the cooling system actually performs well it could be a nice "semi-compact" gaming laptop for sure.

Tymb

I'm certain it's trash. Cooling takes lots of space with no room for drives or speakers or battery. It's also thin, so it will be noisy. Liquid metal will eventually ruin cpu and gpu and force an upgrade.

S.Yu

The weird design gets better as it slims down, now it almost matches Razer and is on par with certain Asus Zephyrus models.
Quote from: vertigo on May 11, 2021, 21:14:24
Quote from: ZODD on May 11, 2021, 16:40:39

Agreed. Thin != compact. While relatively compact compared to typical, bulky laptops of this size, a 17" laptop is not compact, regardless of how thin it is. That said, it's pretty impressive that they managed to fit everything they did in this thing and keep it that thin, and if the cooling system actually performs well it could be a nice "semi-compact" gaming laptop for sure.
Current 17" laptops are the size of 15" laptops a decade ago, and will fit in the laptop compartment of somewhat large backpacks already, I consider that compact.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview