News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Xaomi takes under-display camera technology a step further in unearthed patent by placing a lens on a flip module for front and rear-facing photography

Started by Redaktion, May 10, 2021, 09:43:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A patent for a Xiaomi innovation in regard to under-display camera technology has been shared online. While it is widely expected that Xiaomi will soon offer smartphones with at least a concealable under-screen selfie camera, this patent shows that the Chinese OEM is looking further ahead at what else can be achieved from this burgeoning camera trend.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Xaomi-takes-under-display-camera-technology-a-step-further-in-unearthed-patent-by-placing-a-lens-on-a-flip-module-for-front-and-rear-facing-photography.538563.0.html

Pooh Sheisty

Anyone else find underscreen cameras creepy af? Perfectly happy with a little circle or notch at the top of the screen. At least if ever I am concerned if, I can ways tape over it

vertigo

Quote from: Pooh Sheisty on May 10, 2021, 13:32:10
Anyone else find underscreen cameras creepy af? Perfectly happy with a little circle or notch at the top of the screen. At least if ever I am concerned if, I can ways tape over it

Yup. Not that it's not already a pretty big issue, but this will also make it much easier to conceal cameras, so there will be absolutely no privacy anymore. We're heading down a dangerous path and most people couldn't care less.

S.Yu

Weird but totally ingenious as it allows the back of the module to be made so that it's entirely invisible when flipped the other way.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview